Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default White Cement is not the answer.

I went to help a friend whose toilet had come loose from the floor a 2nd time. Last time her landlord sent a guy who filled the base with white Cement and set it on the tile, just as it was originally .
    Here's a tip Dominican Republic. White Cement is not going to bond with ceramic tile. If your floor is bare concrete good it might work.
    But where it really bonds good is to the non-fired bottom of the toilet. Try removing it without breaking the casting - not worth the trouble.
    I bought a new toilet and closet ring which I had to screw to the floor with inserts.
    I'm sure others here have seen this same ridiculous shortcut with white cement .
    You would be better off using RV silicone which does bond to dry ceremic tile - if your plumber won't install a closet flange.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Same in our house before I came back two months ago, a disaster. They just don't know nor ask, nor investigate.

3. Likes chico bill liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Hammer drill and two bolts , under put flange caulk around toilet , pick up two toilet bolt caps and your done ...

5. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

and don't forget the wax Seal .

Make a card board Cutout . being perfectly centered is extremely important .

7. Likes Derfish, Big liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I used this type with flange purchased locally....can’t miss blind man can install

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/oat...ck-/1000837167

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is locally for you lifeisgreat? I've asked for wax seals and neither the plumbers nor my limited local ferreterías have them. Agreed, if you have access to the seals that's the way to go. Unfortunately, my locals guy always seem to arrive with a pocketful of white cement.

I've been lucky, two cemented toilets and no need to redo those leak repairs.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The way trade school works here is they hand you light switch ,if you hook it up and it works your electrician if not your plumber I’m lucky I have an actual Plummer installed 4 toilets in 2 hrs finished.. I’m in Sosua I assume he bought them from Luciano because he left came back 20 minutes later with them and new valves for water supply to toilet for mine where semi seized

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I will ask again at Luciano, the next time I need one. Thx. Interested in sharing your plumber's contact info with the rest of us? You never know when a knowledgeable plumber will be needed :-)

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    The way trade school works here is they hand you light switch ,if you hook it up and it works your electrician if not your plumber I’m lucky I have an actual Plummer installed 4 toilets in 2 hrs finished.. I’m in Sosua I assume he bought them from Luciano because he left came back 20 minutes later with them and new valves for water supply to toilet for mine where semi seized
    They sell them everywhere, even the ones with the tapered plastic cone that fits in the pipe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    They sell them everywhere, even the ones with the tapered plastic cone that fits in the pipe.
    That’s the one he used..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast