Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 116

Thread: why DR1??

  1. #21
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Musical Moderators...
    That was the dumbest thing ever.... and ended like it
    No experience necessary.... like the inmates running the asylum
    It actually wasn’t that bad of an idea. We got to see who could actually handle being a mod, who couldn’t be impartial and who could. Because it was temporary, it was like an internship. If you remember, it’s how moderation in OT originally began, mods rotating until he chose two.

    The mondongo forum you’re talking about was supposed to be a total fiasco, and was ultimately a failed experiment.




    Administrator
    DR1.com

  2. #22
    DR1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    20,826
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    For now I will just comment on two points in your post.

    Yes several members have been banned recently but I think for just cause. The members who were banned was for posting personal attacks on other members. This, in my opinion, should not be tolerated.

    Will this thread be closed? I will step out on a limb and say no. The new powers to be seem interested in what members have to say to make dr1 a better board. The former boss man would shut a thread down in a heart beat if you said anything negative about dr1.
    We’ll listen to any suggestions anyone might have, but a thread simply bashing this site serves no purpose at all to anyone.

    In the very near future, you will see an entirely new DR1. We’ll all be adjusting to it together, and there may be some growing pains, for both members and mods. Stay tuned.




    Administrator
    DR1.com

  3. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
  4. #23
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,776
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I suppose everybody saw it differently....

    It was a time when I mostly sat it out on the sidelines.....disinterested

  5. #24
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just don't understand why people post on a particular thread, pronouncing it "boring". If you find a thread boring, there is no obligation to read it or contribute to it. If others agree that the topic is boring, it will soon disappear from view. If they don't agree, that's their prerogative, and the thread will continue whether or not you find it boring.

  6. Likes Garyexpat liked this post
  7. #25
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,296
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Unfortunately you have to go through a lot of posts looking for interesting and useful ones, have to pass a lot of boring and irrelevant ones....Hence the complaint I guess. If not interested in the whole thread subject, then it can be ignored all together.

  8. #26
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    3,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i once expressed the same thing to the former boss man, who replied to me that if he ever heard me say anything negative about the site he would ban me for life...

    remember when the boss man started the thread with the revolving moderators? remember how certain guys had just about everything they posted deleted?

    remember how quickly the thread closed when Island Dreaming became the mod?
    there is more to the story as to why Robert threatened to ban you. You are not a victim here but no need to rehash the past as we try to move forward.

    As for Mondongo ending quickly when Island Dreaming became a Mod is not true and some may consider what you are doing race baiting. Robert wanted to run a six month experiment and asked for volunteers. Island Dreaming was actually on the rotation twice. After Island Dreaming completed his first tour Robert decided to give the site a break from politics and eventually decided to kill the experiment. The user that got the short end was mobrouser.

    Robert did a good job running the site. Mistakes were made then and mistakes will be made again. The key is to improve by learning from the mistakes.

    The question is what are you, myself and everyone else going to do to improve DR1.

    Below was the Mondongo Mod Lineup:

    May 2018 - melphis (Bowl 1)
    Jun 2018 - Robert (Bowl 2)
    Jul 2018 - IslandDreaming (Bowl 3)
    Aug 2018 - mobrouser (Bowl 4)
    Sep 2018 - melphis (Bowl 5)
    Oct 2018 - IslandDreaming (Bowl 6)

    Super Moderator DR1.com

  9. Likes AlterEgo liked this post
  10. #27
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,450
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carlos View Post
    there is more to the story as to why Robert threatened to ban you. You are not a victim here but no need to rehash the past as we try to move forward.

    As for Mondongo ending quickly when Island Dreaming became a Mod is not true and some may consider what you are doing race baiting. Robert wanted to run a six month experiment and asked for volunteers. Island Dreaming was actually on the rotation twice. After Island Dreaming completed his first tour Robert decided to give the site a break from politics and eventually decided to kill the experiment. The user that got the short end was mobrouser.

    Robert did a good job running the site. Mistakes were made then and mistakes will be made again. The key is to improve by learning from the mistakes.

    The question is what are you, myself and everyone else going to do to improve DR1.

    Below was the Mondongo Mod Lineup:

    May 2018 - melphis (Bowl 1)
    Jun 2018 - Robert (Bowl 2)
    Jul 2018 - IslandDreaming (Bowl 3)
    Aug 2018 - mobrouser (Bowl 4)
    Sep 2018 - melphis (Bowl 5)
    Oct 2018 - IslandDreaming (Bowl 6)
    carlos, spare me the lectures about race baiting. save them for people who rant on and on about Kaepernick. save them for people who refer to Kamala Harris as ''rachet'', a ghetto appellation for an accomplished woman. save them for people who refer to me as ''my nigga''. there is nobody on my side of the divide who rails against a specific group of people, day in, day out. nobody i know of started a thread titled Why I Oppose Catholicism.

    accusing me of race baiting is not helpful. there are no children on DR1, and when people can be killing teenage boys for playing rap music loudly in their cars, making mention of it is not race baiting. we are old enough to be able to ask each other why...

    you are free to have your opinion as to how the site was run. i am sure that if you ask a certain demographic on DR1 for their assessment, they would beg to differ.

  11. #28
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    500
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default xstew

    Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    We’ll listen to any suggestions anyone might have, but a thread simply bashing this site serves no purpose at all to anyone.

    In the very near future, you will see an entirely new DR1. We’ll all be adjusting to it together, and there may be some growing pains, for both members and mods. Stay tuned.
    You are very sly you say one thing and do the reverse in the same quote.
    I stopped posting some 3-4 years ago when A E gave me 5 points and said she will ban me when she has the chance.
    I never came back until now i was saving being baned for a good cause.
    This is the good cause A poster can be banned with no reasonable cause just the moderator's likes and dislikes.
    The main thing she disliked about me is I questioned her asking for donations for a charitable cause on i believe the North Cost. I'm all for charity but i do not believe a moderator is be the one to request the donation. That is like giving the request as if it was the policy of Dr1. I donate when i feel i have the funds to spare and the request is made for a good cause and from a unknown person or persons. She also made the ban refrenced with the fraze YOU ASKED FOR IT. Not very pro. for a rep. of DR1.
    I have nothing against the Lady she has her likes and dislikes but i believe that fraze was uncalled for and the 5 points revenge for calling her out about it. The other point i said was about using the S**** word i did not use it in the form as the N***** word i refered to the word as coming from P.R. and not speaking english. I lived in P.R for 6 months before coming here in 1983 and found them to be very nice people.
    If she bans me for posting in this manner so be it. So many old timers gone banned that were to me very interesting knowing people. I met Rob just i believe at the time he was starting Dr1 just after Doris closed Santo Domingo News. He seemed like a nice person just as A&E is a nice person so i joined Dr1 as the time and liked the idea of a get togather web posting page. Facebook is simular it just goes after world opinion in stead of an Island based opinion. Well i guess this is enough to get me banned forever so i will say as mcarther said when Trumen fired him. Old Dr1er's never die they just get over moderator disliked. Their should be a appeals form you could submit to defend your self.
    I will now fade away good luck to all keep the site going i read it even though i can not comment.
    EX XSTEW

  12. Likes Timotero, Sosua Sonny liked this post
  13. #29
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    3,242
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    carlos, spare me the lectures about race baiting. save them for people who rant on and on about Kaepernick. save them for people who refer to Kamala Harris as ''rachet'', a ghetto appellation for an accomplished woman. save them for people who refer to me as ''my nigga''. there is nobody on my side of the divide who rails against a specific group of people, day in, day out. nobody i know of started a thread titled Why I Oppose Catholicism.

    accusing me of race baiting is not helpful. there are no children on DR1, and when people can be killing teenage boys for playing rap music loudly in their cars, making mention of it is not race baiting. we are old enough to be able to ask each other why...

    you are free to have your opinion as to how the site was run. i am sure that if you ask a certain demographic on DR1 for their assessment, they would beg to differ.
    so what if people rant about Colin or call Kamala rachet. It's called freedom of speech. Go ahead and start a thread about opposing Catholicism.

    I corrected what you said about the Island Dreaming situation and I don't see you disputing it but bringing up race again. Thanks for proving my point.

    I will bring up race baiting when that is what you do. Get that thousand chip off your shoulder and tell me what you are going to do to improve this site or stay away from this thread if you have nothing else to contribute.

    Super Moderator DR1.com

  14. Likes jd426, Luperon liked this post
    Dislikes Polar Bear, bienamor, ramesses disliked this post
  15. #30
    Gold
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    6,952
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Today I just put on all the people who I think are too negative and not helpful on ignore. That will probably improve dr1 for me. I should have done that a long time ago!!!

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •