Thread: marriage

Post Thanks / Like

Default marriage

i'm looking to get married to my woman and i'm looking for a minister/priest/pastor to do the ceremony. this is a last minute decision since she will be in DR having an operation. want to do this as a surprise to her....looking for this to be done privately
    , quick, and no questions ask. can you help me?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by teepee View Post
    i'm looking to get married to my woman and i'm looking for a minister/priest/pastor to do the ceremony. this is a last minute decision since she will be in DR having an operation. want to do this as a surprise to her....looking for this to be done privately
    , quick, and no questions ask. can you help me?
    You didn’t say what your nationality is, or that of your “woman”. That matters.

Administrator
    DR1.com

Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

You can ask at the civil registry for a judge to marry you, they charge more for off site weddings than ones in the Registro Civil but do them all the time, usually on the beach. If you want a religious wedding then any Catholic priest can perform them for Catholics but only a few Evangelical priests have the right to perform them for non-Catholics and I am not sure if any priest can perform weddings off site. You will both need to have a range of documents for any ceremony including birth certs (apostilled and translated into Spanish if not from the DR) and divorce/death certs of previous spouse if any and if not a single status affadivit. The information plus costs is available on the JCE website. https://ayuda.jce.gob.do/kb/c3/registro-civil.aspx

Matilda

Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

4. Likes Russell liked this post