What is worthwhile to Ship in my Barril

T

tiguerita

I am shipping a barrel from Montreal to Santo Domingo and have a little room left. I'm drawing a blank...what are some everyday items that are expensive-ish in DR but cheap here? Everyday stuff...the barril is being picked up tomorrow. Takes about a month to 6 weeks to arrive. Family with kids. What am I forgetting?

C

chico bill

Your favorite mouthwash ? Flexible strip Band-Aids ? Your husbands cordless hammer drill ? I can think of a lot of things you can buy here or if you can you will look for weeks and probably pay 50% more

A

AlterEgo

When I have just a little room left, I usually fill it with small household stuff and canned foods. Things like hand can openers, canned solid white tuna, canned chicken, canned hams, kitchen towels, cutting boards, bars of soap, etc.

T

tiguerita

Good ideas

Your favorite mouthwash ? Flexible strip Band-Aids ? Your husbands cordless hammer drill ? I can think of a lot of things you can buy here or if you can you will look for weeks and probably pay 50% more

Husband will most definitely like the tools idea!

T

tiguerita

Good suggestions too. I'm going to go to Dollarama this morning & see about small cutting boards.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Or from the 3,855,100 sq mi north of the 49th which might be closer than Colorado.

Name brand canned goods are expensive here due to their shipping weight I guess. If you are into canned beans & pork/baked beans, soup, a bag of Basmati rice. Maybe a box of water flavoring liquid as plain water gets a bit bland after your 1000th gallon...

T

Tom Checo

Who do you ship with pls.? I found the best offer for 1 USD per pound - door to door including all taxes (for the new solar plant parts worth 2.5 k usd). Usual price is 4 USD plus taxes...

J

jeanchris

Do you have to pay import taxes when importing a barril? Is it a flat fee everything you can fill in it or its per pound?

E

El Rey de Mangu

Do you have to pay import taxes when importing a barril? Is it a flat fee everything you can fill in it or its per pound?

Up until now, the maritime shipping companies have had their own deals with customs. From NJ I pay 100 dollars, fill it with anything I want. That's it.

W

william webster

have a look at the various mudanzas threads

From the US - it's pretty easy
Canada has less options

J

JasonD

have a look at the various mudanzas threads

From the US - it's pretty easy
Canada has less options

Easy as long as one resides in NY, NJ, Philly or anywhere in Miami.

The rest of the USA doesn't count for shipments to the DR

W

william webster

I ship to my mudanza... by UPS/FEDEX or buy w/ free shipping

straight to my man and he forwards it on..
lawn mowers, BBQs, u name it... fridges/stoves

more than one way to skin a cat.... think outside the box

J

JasonD

I ship to my mudanza... by UPS/FEDEX or buy w/ free shipping

straight to my man and he forwards it on..
lawn mowers, BBQs, u name it... fridges/stoves

more than one way to skin a cat.... think outside the box

Those are items you ship to, which translate into more cash, I am referring to items that one has and would like for it to be picked up locally.

No that many options beyond the cities posted above.