Hair
    I guess I forgot to say --- AND RINSE IT OFF

in your case - you'll be able to urinate on your head.... save some vinegar

hahaha
    you are not a well person..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    I used to use "RainX", but have not been able to find it in the D.R. anymore.

Learned that from a private airplane pilot.

No need to even turn on the wiper blades at highway speeds.
    Water just beads off.
    A similar product I have seen here is called Accuvision.

On another care care hint......for those with cloudy headlights, try the diy remedy.....toothpaste.

Take some white, not mint or gel, toothpaste and put it on a wash cloth/hand towel and apply to the headlights as you would if you were hand waxing a car....using a little elbow grease. It does not restore them to their former clarity.....but you should notice the difference.....

If your lights are almost opaque, for best results you will likely need an over the counter diy kit.

And if they are completely opaque.......you probably need new headlights....

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Yes - that will help kidney stones
    same thing re hard water

Hair
    I guess I forgot to say --- AND RINSE IT OFF

in your case - you'll be able to urinate on your head.... save some vinegar

hahaha
    I too wondered about the vinegar smell. As far as the apple cider vinegar there is no good evidence it does anything, besides it tastes terrible. My entire family suffers from kidney stones. Since I was a teen I drank purified water and made certain to stay hydrated. I roughly keep track of how much water I drink every day. Not a single kidney stone so far.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by playacaribe2 View Post
    A similar product I have seen here is called Accuvision.

On another care care hint......for those with cloudy headlights, try the diy remedy.....toothpaste.

Take some white, not mint or gel, toothpaste and put it on a wash cloth/hand towel and apply to the headlights as you would if you were hand waxing a car....using a little elbow grease. It does not restore them to their former clarity.....but you should notice the difference.....

If your lights are almost opaque, for best results you will likely need an over the counter diy kit.

And if they are completely opaque.......you probably need new headlights....

Respectfully,
    Playacaribe2
    Along with toothpaste a number of things will temporarily clear the haze.
    In order to fix it long term you need to use light rubbing compound with an electric polisher to completely remove the hazy coating. Next you spray it with clear and it will stay for a very long time.
    There are some good utube videos that explain the process in detail.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    I too wondered about the vinegar smell. As far as the apple cider vinegar there is no good evidence it does anything, besides it tastes terrible. My entire family suffers from kidney stones. Since I was a teen I drank purified water and made certain to stay hydrated. I roughly keep track of how much water I drink every day. Not a single kidney stone so far.
    hey, if drinking apple cider vinegar is the answer, i will deal with the stones. besides, it has to be that expensive Braggs stuff, with The Mother, whatever that is supposed to be. the Peruvian Chanca Piedra is supposed to be the answer to stones...

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Along with toothpaste a number of things will temporarily clear the haze.
    In order to fix it long term you need to use light rubbing compound with an electric polisher to completely remove the hazy coating. Next you spray it with clear and it will stay for a very long time.
    There are some good utube videos that explain the process in detail.
    every autoadornos in the DR has a guy who removes the haze from headlamps. 200 pesos, and you are good as new.

7. Likes Cortez, zoomzx11 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SantiagoDR View Post
    I used to use "RainX", but have not been able to find it in the D.R. anymore.
    I love RainX. I bring it down in checked luggage. Plus rainx wipers and also an additive they make for washer fluid. I really hate scratched windshields so I frequently clean them to get rid of small dirt. Because if it sits on your wipers, the next rain you're just pushing it across the glass. I just swipe the blades with the rainx when I'm reapplying.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Hey Doc... how goes it ???

Back to vinegar...
    put in the wash load...breaks down the hard water and softens towels

Spray on hair after washing -- makes it fluffier
    WW...things are great....was in Miami awhile with relatives now back in Santiago, need a break every few years.....now if I could get my old user name back?.....Doc...(Cortez)....

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    every autoadornos in the DR has a guy who removes the haze from headlamps. 200 pesos, and you are good as new.
    Do they polish off the haze with rubbing compound and do it right or just splash it with coca cola and rinse?
    If it is done correctly it is well worth 200

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    hey, if drinking apple cider vinegar is the answer, i will deal with the stones. besides, it has to be that expensive Braggs stuff, with The Mother, whatever that is supposed to be. the Peruvian Chanca Piedra is supposed to be the answer to stones...
    Ha! If you ever get kidney stones you will have an idea of what it is like to have a baby without anesthesia.
    Ask any urologist and the best solution is drink sufficient water.
    If a person has benign prostate hyperplasia there can be incomplete emptying of the bladder and that can contribute to development of stones.
    There is more that one type of stone but they all share one thing in common and that is agony with passage.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast