Question about Birth Certificates

A

Alltimegreat

Does a Dominican birth cerificate in all cases confer citizenship?

Or is it possible to have a Dominican birth certificate without being considered a citizen by the Dominican government?

The top of this document reads "Extracto de Acta de Nacimiento"

and has a "Número Unico de Identidad," which has the format and length of a cédula number.

Last edited:
W

william webster

Partial answer

After my citizenship exam, I am expecting - this week - my Dominican birth certificate
It seems that's how they do it - issue me a birth certificate.... seems odd, but.....

I f I learn more, I'll pass it on

Normally, birth infers citizenship - in almost any country.
Whether you need to make formal application might a question for a lawyer

A

AlterEgo

Does a Dominican birth cerificate in all cases confer citizenship?

Or is it possible to have a Dominican birth certificate without being considered a citizen by the Dominican government?

The top of this document reads "Extracto de Acta de Nacimiento"

and has a "Número Unico de Identidad," which has the format and length of a cédula number.

No, being born in DR does not signify citizenship. Children born to non Dominicans are given a different color birth certificate.

R

Riva_31

No, being born in DR does not signify citizenship. Children born to non Dominicans are given a different color birth certificate.

Yes, the Document you refer is a Born alive Certificate that is another kind of certificate that is given to babes born here withc their parents do not have a ligal inmigartion status, with this document they most go to their country consulate to register their babes as national of their country.

If you get a Dominican birth certificate is because you are Dominican and came with all the information and a code for with will be you cedula number.

W

windeguy

Partial answer

After my citizenship exam, I am expecting - this week - my Dominican birth certificate
It seems that's how they do it - issue me a birth certificate.... seems odd, but.....

I f I learn more, I'll pass it on

Normally, birth infers citizenship - in almost any country.
Whether you need to make formal application might a question for a lawyer

Not all countries offer jus solis for all born in the country. The number that do is in the 30's and most are in the western hemisphere. The DR is one that does not at this time. (I find Jus Solis to be ridiculous in those countries that do have it. )

https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-that-recognize-birthright-citizenship-jus-soli-2018-10

J

JasonD

Not all countries offer jus solis for all born in the country. The number that do is in the 30's and most are in the western hemisphere. The DR is one that does not at this time. (I find Jus Solis to be ridiculous in those countries that do have it. )

https://www.businessinsider.com/countries-that-recognize-birthright-citizenship-jus-soli-2018-10

Native Americans would certainly agree with you, see, without Jus Solis, all of those peskiest Europeans wouldn't have citizenship nor identity upon birth in North America.

You, as started, would be one of them. Now that you are enjoying the perks of it, you find it ridiculous for others to rightfully so get the same treatment.

Isn't life funny?