Medical Translation

A

Auryn

At a picnic this weekend, I met a Dominican couple who recently (4 days ago) arrived in Canada as permanent residents.

She is 7 months pregnant, and will have to pay for all of her doctors appointments until her insurance kicks in, which could be up to a month from now. She applied before arriving, but is in a bit of a predicament to say the least. I phoned our provincial health authority to ask questions, & they said any applications from out of province only begin the process once the individual arrive here. She will have to pay for her medical care in advance, to be reimbursed once insurance is finalized. They confirmed that the wait time is 3-4 weeks.

So here is the reason for my post. From what I gather, this couple has savings, and can pay for doctors visits and ultrasounds etc in advance. However, in the event they have to pay for the birth of the baby (!), saving money would be a good thing. She needs to have her prenatal records from Santo Domingo translated. I am thinking this is something she should have done professionally. Can anyone recommend someone that has the time and with experience in this specific area, that would charge a reasonable rate? I didn’t ask why she didn’t translate them there.

Thanks in advance.

W

william webster

There is a fast track.... see if it works for them

I took my biopsies etc from here to Canada.... the hospital translated them

Best of luck....usually 90 days of residency to enter the system

M

Matilda

I am happy to translate her medical records for her. I am not a legal Dominican translator but have experience in all areas of translation and would do them very cheaply but very professionally, to help her out. You can pm me if interested.

Matilda

A

Auryn

Matilda I actually thought of emailing you directly, and would much rather send them your way :). Will PM now. Mil gracias.

D

DR_Guy

I had some some high blood pressure a few years ago and went to cardiologist in Santiago. I went to see my doctor in Texas and brought all the records to him and he looked at them and said everything was good and didnt even change my medication. I asked him if he read spanish, and he said no, but he said he could look at the lab results and read the numbers. I would suppose its the same for neonatal a lot of blood tests and what not.

W

william webster

I do all my annual bloodwork here to take back for review

they figure it out by the numbers...the words are similar to the same for the categories