My New RD Birth Certificate

W

william webster

this has been mentioned elsewhere - but I cannot find it.

When naturalized, the procedure is to issue you a RD birth certificate
Someone asked how many names would be on it.....

All my RD stuff has my 3 names....

My new birth certificate has the Dominican format...
William Baxter..... Webster is missing

I would like to correct that... and have started asking

Will keep you informed

Good news is - I'm on the books.....November ceremony
Took until now to get the final paperwork

E

El Rey de Mangu

Will keep you informed

Glad all your documents are in order, as no one would have know by all the innuendo and gloating. Hopefully you won't get picked up by police now for offensive Canadian humor

W

william webster

Resident at this point....

Mangu ---
Canadians ? Offensive ?
Do you travel much ?

R

Riva_31

Will keep you informed

Thats a mistake, you shouldnt acept it if was missing one name, to fix that problem now you have to pay a lawer, Im Dominican but my fathers name was spelling wrong in the birth certificate and after many years we was needing his birth certificate and I realized his name on his certificate was spell diferent than ours, so I had to go to the office and make them to check if in their book was written the same they told me yes, so we have to fix our and pay a lawer to do that.

Now every time we get a birth certificate has a note telling that by a sentence was corrected my father name.

W

william webster

Yes, gracias... I am going to fix it

Have spoken to my lawyer... she'll correct it

It needs to match my License, passport....cedula

W

william webster

She says this is normal....

at the Cedula issuing, they will include the father's name (Webster)
She is sending me her certificate to prove it.

I asked her to double check before I drive to SD.... and get refused ----

M

Matilda

It is totally normal. All Dominican birth certs only have the Christian names of the child at the top, and underneath they have the father's full name and the mothers full name. When you get your Dominican cedula it has on it your Christian names followed by your father's surname and then your mothers surname. In my case my father and mother had the same surname so they wanted me to be my two Christian names, followed by my father's surname twice and then de and then my husbands surname (father only not mother). In the end they let me have my father's surname and not my mothers as they were the same. It is really no big deal. I have my maiden name on my dominican cedula but not on my UK passport but that is no problem at all. I have no idea why the process took so long, from my swearing in, to receiving my birth cert and then cedula took five days.

Matilda

R

Riva_31

It is totally normal. All Dominican birth certs only have the Christian names of the child at the top, and underneath they have the father's full name and the mothers full name. When you get your Dominican cedula it has on it your Christian names followed by your father's surname and then your mothers surname. In my case my father and mother had the same surname so they wanted me to be my two Christian names, followed by my father's surname twice and then de and then my husbands surname (father only not mother). In the end they let me have my father's surname and not my mothers as they were the same. It is really no big deal. I have my maiden name on my dominican cedula but not on my UK passport but that is no problem at all. I have no idea why the process took so long, from my swearing in, to receiving my birth cert and then cedula took five days.

Matilda

True, but he said is missing one name, I understood that he has 3 names, if thats the case them is missing one name, like Matilda says thats the correct way of births certificates, name of the child and full name of the mother and father.

M

Matilda

If his Christian name is William and mother's surname is Baxter and father's is Webster then at the top of the cert will be William and then below the details of birth date and place will be mothers full name xyx Baxter and father's name abc Webster. His cedula will say William Webster Baxter. If however his two Christian names are William and Baxter AS SHOWN ON HIS CANADIAN BIRTH CERT and his mother is Mrs Webster and father Mr Webster, his cedula will be William Baxter Webster Webster - unless, like me, he can persuade them to drop one Webster. Clear as mud??!!

Matilda

W

william webster

Yes... that's what the lawyer said....

My name = William
After that on the certificate is Baxter = mother's maiden name

Both my parents are list below

Lily Lawyer said the cedula will read
William Baxter Webster - just like the old one

Is the mud getting clearer ??

haha

W