Rudy Giuliani in the Dominican Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Big

He put many a mobster in jail and cleaned up the city. He knows a thing or two about governing. He does have a huge ego and likes to grandstand, but what politician doesn't.

L

ljmesg

Abinader has him on retainer. Rudy is always bought and paid for.

N

NALs

Giuliani was hired a few years ago to lower the crime rate in the DR. I remember he visited Santo Domingo with this mission and met with the then President of the DR.

G

Garyexpat

I remember living in N.J. and visiting NYC when Dinkins was mayor, what a disaster!!! Then later in life I lived in Manhattan when Giuliani was mayor, night and day. Like him or hate him he did a great job.

T

the gorgon

Giuliani was hired a few years ago to lower the crime rate in the DR. I remember he visited Santo Domingo with this mission and met with the then President of the DR.

well, did he succeed in lowering the crime rate? whose genius idea was it to hire him, anyway?

C

Caonabo

well, did he succeed in lowering the crime rate? whose genius idea was it to hire him, anyway?

He was not successful in lowering the crime rate, although I do not know if any of his consulting strategies were ever implemented.
I highly doubt it was Leonel Fernandez who hired him, as this person was directly responsible for imprisoning some of Leonel's friends back in the 1980's.

T

the gorgon

He was not successful in lowering the crime rate, although I do not know if any of his consulting strategies were ever implemented.
I highly doubt it was Leonel Fernandez who hired him, as this person was directly responsible for imprisoning some of Leonel's friends back in the 1980's.

i was expecting that answer. i have no idea why anyone would conclude that because he lowered the crime rates in NYC, he would have been able to replicate that success in a completely different social ecosystem..

E

El Rey de Mangu

You can lead a horse to water, you know, that old gem.

Rudy Giuliani is a respected guru in international security circles. He turned NYC around from the Bronx to Times Square and the tourist boom was revived. If the DR consulted with him in the past, I'm certain his work was thorough and professional. The problem is the politicians and the top 5%-ers in no way would cough up the funds needed to implement. You actually have to implement these plans folks, really, that's how it works.

T

the gorgon

You can lead a horse to water, you know, that old gem.

Rudy Giuliani is a respected guru in international security circles. He turned NYC around from the Bronx to Times Square and the tourist boom was revived. If the DR consulted with him in the past, I'm certain his work was thorough and professional. The problem is the politicians and the top 5%-ers in no way would cough up the funds needed to implement. You actually have to implement these plans folks, really, that's how it works.

well, we know one thing...he did nothing to reduce the crime rate.

there are also the unknowns. we do not know whether or not his strategies were implemented, or at least, attempted.

instinctively, i believe that in order to deal with crime issues, you need some familiarity with the target area. his ideas might have worked for Times Square...i am not convinced they would have been applicable in Gualey or Los Mina.

C

Caonabo

i was expecting that answer. i have no idea why anyone would conclude that because he lowered the crime rates in NYC, he would have been able to replicate that success in a completely different social ecosystem..

In fairness to the man's marketing capabilities and earnings potential, his private security firm has entered into contracts with several Latin American and African countries, so this could be viewed as a success. Real results, I do not know.

T

the gorgon

In fairness to the man's marketing capabilities and earnings potential, his private security firm has entered into contracts with several Latin American and African countries, so this could be viewed as a success. Real results, I do not know.

i will concur that his security firm has an international footprint, but i do not know that its function is to reduce crime in principally urban areas..

R

Ricardo900

Giuliani former police commissioner Raymond Kelly was sent to Haiti to clean up that area. Did it work?? Policies and Procedures implemented in NYC does not necessarily will work in a foreign country. So it will be a wait and see. Remember Giuliani corporation is in the business to secure contracts and make money! They will convince you that they can make it rain in the desert if you sign the contract. Wait & See!

B

Big

Giuliani former police commissioner Raymond Kelly was sent to Haiti to clean up that area. Did it work?? Policies and Procedures implemented in NYC does not necessarily will work in a foreign country. So it will be a wait and see. Remember Giuliani corporation is in the business to secure contracts and make money! They will convince you that they can make it rain in the desert if you sign the contract. Wait & See!

said it before, the only thing that will save Haiti is to bring back the tonton macoute and Paoa Doc Duvalier. The only place on earth that can destroy a Cat excavator in 3 weeks and make it completely unsalvageable. Giuliani aint that good. He did put enough mobsters in jail to change the whole mafia syndicate... looks like they are going to need him in Puerto Rico by the weekend

E

El Rey de Mangu

Haiti? Did not know they went down there, but I guess Haiti is another example of incompetence in terms of the implementation. The only worse place would be Somalia

M

monfongo

One time NYC police commissioner William Bratton had as much to do with lowering the crime rate in NYC as Giulliani if not more.

T

the gorgon

One time NYC police commissioner William Bratton had as much to do with lowering the crime rate in NYC as Giulliani if not more.

i don't think Giuliani ever rode in a cop car in his life, but he got the credit because he was the Mayor.

Status
Not open for further replies.