Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    If you understand then it would appear, by your post, that you ripped into Giuliani for some reasons unexplained other than maybe you don't appreciate his political affiliation, sir.
    it is not his political affiliation i do not appreciate. i never had a problem with Bloomberg.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    maybe instead of trying to get personal...
    "do you think Rudy Giuliani's personal style could work in the DR? do you think he could apply his strategy of refusing to deal with the people he did not like in the DR? Giuliani was aided and abetted by a criminal justice system which would throw people in jail for jaywalking and panhandling, and guys rotted in jail in Rikers because of the cash bail system, which, incidentally, only exists in the USA and the Philipines."

Sounds fairly personal there. Sounds like you got a few resentments there, sir.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i should do my own research? i know the answers to all those questions.

i take your response to mean that you do not.
    I was there living day by day due to my work and lived through it, before and after Giuliani. And the work he did left New York city way much better for descent people to live in it. Most of the gangsters and criminals left New York city, thanks to Rudy.

4. Likes El Rey de Mangu liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    "do you think Rudy Giuliani's personal style could work in the DR? do you think he could apply his strategy of refusing to deal with the people he did not like in the DR? Giuliani was aided and abetted by a criminal justice system which would throw people in jail for jaywalking and panhandling, and guys rotted in jail in Rikers because of the cash bail system, which, incidentally, only exists in the USA and the Philipines."

Sounds fairly personal there. Sounds like you got a few resentments there, sir.
    no..it sounds factual. i have not said anything in that posting which cannot be substantiated..

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pkaide1 View Post
    I was there living day by day due to my work and lived through it, before and after Giuliani. And the work he did left New York city way much better for descent people to live in it. Most of the gangsters and criminals left New York city, thanks to Rudy.
    so was i. i lived there, just like you. covered the 5 boroughs, daily.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Giuliani may have had some great ideas for the DR. The pay scale for police make it impossible to correct corruption or clean things up.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dulce View Post
    Giuliani may have had some great ideas for the DR. The pay scale for police make it impossible to correct corruption or clean things up.
    I'm fairly certain Abinader and the PRM aren't paying Mr. Giuliani's exorbitant consulting fees to sit around over a few beers and a shoot the breeze about his great ideas.

9. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all going to boil down to if the Dominican government is going to follow his recommendation to the letter. Ha! I believe the members of DR1 could give advice to the Dominican government to lower crime and improve quality of life.

11. Likes El Rey de Mangu, Caonabo liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900 View Post
    It's all going to boil down to if the Dominican government is going to follow his recommendation to the letter. Ha! I believe the members of DR1 could give advice to the Dominican government to lower crime and improve quality of life.
    precisely.

every caribbean territory has had , or continues to have, serious issues with crime. Giuliani is not some super crime fighter superman type, in a league beyond all others. there are some great police personalities in the UK, in Europe in general, and in many other places. they just do not get the hullabaloo and stardom that has fallen upon Giuliani. other islands have recruited stellar personalities for advanced countries to ''come in and fight crime'', with limited success, even though they are icons where they come from.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo900 View Post
    Agreed, but Giuliani wasn't here on behalf of the Dominican govt. He was brought in by the Abinader camp to propose the security plan that he would roll with in 2020.

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast