SeNaSa - Seguro National de Salud

N

Neargale

My understanding is that SeNaSa has 3 different coverages for Dominicans.
One for seniors, 1 for indigents and 1 for salaried employees which is the one that I am asking questions about.
The salaried employees section applies to Dominicans who work in very small enterprises like hair salons etc.
It applies not only to Dominicans but also to residents. It appears that residents and naturalized Dominicans , along Dominicans by birth, can join a company , facilitated by your insurance agent, and obtain basic health insurance with no mention of age or pre-existing conditions.
One could also purchase complementary insurance on top of the basic one which would in effect would make it similar to what is offered by Humano or Universal.
The Red of health suppliers (doctors, clinics, labs, etc) appear to be sufficiently exhaustive.

Does anyone have direct experience with SeNaSa or know of someone who does?

D

Derfish

My understanding is that SeNaSa has 3 different coverages for Dominicans.
One for seniors, 1 for indigents and 1 for salaried employees which is the one that I am asking questions about.
The salaried employees section applies to Dominicans who work in very small enterprises like hair salons etc.
It applies not only to Dominicans but also to residents. It appears that residents and naturalized Dominicans , along Dominicans by birth, can join a company , facilitated by your insurance agent, and obtain basic health insurance with no mention of age or pre-existing conditions.
One could also purchase complementary insurance on top of the basic one which would in effect would make it similar to what is offered by Humano or Universal.
The Red of health suppliers (doctors, clinics, labs, etc) appear to be sufficiently exhaustive.

Does anyone have direct experience with SeNaSa or know of someone who does?

No, but no matter how many times I ask who it always turns out that no,NO health insurance is available to buy for anyone over 65 who didn't have it ahead of time.
Derfish

B

Buzzard

No, but no matter how many times I ask who it always turns out that no,NO health insurance is available to buy for anyone over 65 who didn't have it ahead of time.
Derfish

As Nergale states, Mr Fish:"It appears that residents and naturalized Dominicans , along Dominicans by birth, can join a company , facilitated by your insurance agent, and obtain basic health insurance with no mention of age or pre-existing conditions."
I have found this to be true, and have purchased insurance recently for my wife and myself in this manner. And I am way north of 65. PM me if you wish.

R

Riva_31

As Nergale states, Mr Fish:"It appears that residents and naturalized Dominicans , along Dominicans by birth, can join a company , facilitated by your insurance agent, and obtain basic health insurance with no mention of age or pre-existing conditions."
I have found this to be true, and have purchased insurance recently for my wife and myself in this manner. And I am way north of 65. PM me if you wish.

The problem with SeNaSa is that not in all clinics acept the Contributive plan, that is the one for persons that works, If the public hospitals were like the clinics I would be one using SeNaSa but is a pain in the neck to find a clinic that acept them.

For old people is the only option, if you are going to ask for private health insurance they first will send you to check with their doctors before acept you, with SeNaSa that is not a problem.