Car Paint Shop

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Adrian

Looking for recommendations for a good car paint shop. Mostly small scratches and a slight dent to one of the rear wheel arches of a Hilux, but it is only a year old so I want it done properly.

Thanks.

Adrian

T

the gorgon

Looking for recommendations for a good car paint shop. Mostly small scratches and a slight dent to one of the rear wheel arches of a Hilux, but it is only a year old so I want it done properly.

Thanks.

Adrian

where?

W

william webster

Nagua....
Pablo...

Playa Grande sends their Mercedes there...

Contact me.. I'll fix you up

excellent... just excellent

C

chico bill

Nagua....
Pablo...

Playa Grande sends their Mercedes there...

Contact me.. I'll fix you up

excellent... just excellent

Went there for a quote and at 11:45 there was only a Haitian there and told me the bosses would be back at 2:30. So I left as it seemed overcrowded with cars anyway and I didn't feel like waiting 3 hours to get a quote.

C

cobraboy

Who and where on the island can one find true top custom auto paint jobs?

W

william webster

He's busy - yes
you went up the street at the gas Station.....on the Cabrera side ?
Total now... formerly ISLA
near the Agro store ??

Tyro or Pablo....

C

cavok

Ask for Jan at Max Wash or Valdamir's Auto Paint in Sosua. Both do good work.

C

chico bill

He's busy - yes
you went up the street at the gas Station.....on the Cabrera side ?
Total now... formerly ISLA
near the Agro store ??

Tyro or Pablo....

Yes I had the right place - just decided a 3 hour lunch was more than I wanted to wait.

T

the gorgon

I would look in Santiago at https://autopinturarobles.com/ It is on the right just a little ways past the airport overpass.

what do you know about the work of this shop, bob?

the reason why i ask you this is because some time ago, there was a thread dealing with used cars, and dealers. you chimed in with the name of a dealer in La Vega, which i will not repeat, which is a complete joke, and from whom i would not buy a bicycle..

you opined that they were a dealer that prospective buyers should consider. people who rely on the opinions supplied by posters can easily be misled by uninformed advice.

C

cobraboy

I would look in Santiago at https://autopinturarobles.com/ It is on the right just a little ways past the airport overpass.
Been there. They don't do custom paint. They do excellent factory paint jobs in what is arguably the most first-world paint shop in the country, laminar flow paint booths, etc.

Playacaribe2 referred me them as he has a lot of experience with their work.

I'm looking for more of a custom hot-rod show quality paint shop with hoods, ovens, mixing stations, etc.

B

bob saunders

what do you know about the work of this shop, bob?

the reason why i ask you this is because some time ago, there was a thread dealing with used cars, and dealers. you chimed in with the name of a dealer in La Vega, which i will not repeat, which is a complete joke, and from whom i would not buy a bicycle..

you opined that they were a dealer that prospective buyers should consider. people who rely on the opinions supplied by posters can easily be misled by uninformed advice.

I had my Santa FE repaired and painted there after I was hit on the hill going to Jarabacoa. I am not sure why you feel the need to add the part about the car dealership in La Vega that I mentioned. Many locals here in Jarabacoa have bought from there and are happy with their purchases. I don't know anyone stupid enough to buy a car just based on the opinions on the internet, perhaps you do.
Read post #17

Last edited:
T

the gorgon

I had my Santa FE repaired and painted there after I was hit on the hill going to Jarabacoa. I am not sure why you feel the need to add the part about the car dealership in La Vega that I mentioned. Many locals here in Jarabacoa have bought from there and are happy with their purchases. I don't know anyone stupid enough to buy a car just based on the opinions on the internet, perhaps you do.

actually, with people like you giving advice about dealerships, i would be careful how i bought..

B

bob saunders

This is a thread about painting cars, not buying cars, plus I never gave anyone advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.