Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    My cash comes for My people
    Meaning what?????????????????????????????

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Meaning what?????????????????????????????
    Meaning my money is for my family only and I don't want anyone to tell me who to give it to. Hence my Money is for my people. But hey, I will buy you a few beers.

3. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I welcome any person to Canada who needs to be there, as a wealthier country it is our duty to help others anywhere in the world.
    It’s very sad that people are so selfish and don’t think they should help their fellow man. When $$ comes before people it’s a sick sick world.
    Straight from a person who does not reside in Canada. How noble of you.

5. Likes bob saunders, bigbird liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I am beginning to think it is better to wing it. The whole process of Resiencia and Cedula is too cumbersome, or at least it needs to be able to be done 100% in satellite Offices like Puerto Plata, Santiago, Punta Cana, Nagua, San Francisco de Macoris.

Including health exams.

Why keep clogging SD with expats, many getting to old to drive and create the added cost of hotels and meals for 2 nights in the capital which most of us dread going to.

It's because of lawyers - parasites who rig the system to keep benefiting themselves.
    If they could truly streamline so online apps and appointments were quick, reliable with good communication - more outliers would come in from the cold.
    But it isn't there yet

7. Likes amstellite liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the new thread about On-Line Renewal would make it easier for many....

Medicals outside SD are a good idea

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    I welcome any person to Canada who needs to be there, as a wealthier country it is our duty to help others anywhere in the world.
    It’s very sad that people are so selfish and don’t think they should help their fellow man. When $$ comes before people it’s a sick sick world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    hahaha, Kind of funny when you think about it. Yeah load Canada up with a couple million illegals. What does Harleys care, Harleys doesn't live there. too funny

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a sick, sick world !!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    I am curious to know what some think about illegals in their home country?
    Deport them all. That is what I think. I personally sponsored 6 people to live legally in the US. Illegals have no right to anything but deportation.

12. Likes bigbird, Big, bob saunders liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm a Dominican citizen because of my father, but if i weren't, i would never jump through all of the hoops and re-adjusting goal posts that are constantly be erected and changing all the time.

The process is insane.

My Russian wife is a permanent resident, and now she wants to be a citizen (she's almost there), but with all of the traveling back and forth to SD she has done, all of the bullsh1t paper work, stamps, re-stamps, health checks, do this, don't do that...can't you read the sign!

Is it really worth it? Is it really worth all the trouble?

My Norwegian wife came and went for years, and despite loving the country and overstaying her visa--she simply paid the exit fee and left. she wouldn't want go to SD and stand in any line for 1-million dollars. Even my cousins offered to do the foot work for her, she but she had no desire even if someone hand delivered her residency to her. And that was true for every other Norwegian i brought to the island.

And why would they? What benefit is there?

But my Russian wife is different. She wants an "out" just in case things go bad or worse in Russia. She doesn't want to return to Russia to live. A lot of Russians don't want to return. I get it. I understand it. My Norwegian wife was never in that position. She could care less about some exit fee which amounted to literally pennies to her. Not even the cost of a cheap bottle of wine.

The Russians are in a different position altogether. They want the dual nationality. And if means jumping through hoops and ever changing goalposts, they're willing to do it. And they do it. Every week. Russians are becoming citizens left and right. Most of her Russian friends are now citizens.

"Is it worth it?"

I keep asking her this. "Is it worth the back and forth, being told that your stamp has expired and that you now need a new stamp of the exact same stamp that you already fuJking possess"

It's insane. the entire process is insane. It's so Kafkaesque that it makes Catch-22 look like a cartoon in comparison.

If you're going to spend the rest of your life here in the DR, ok...i get it. But if not, for those just coming and going back ad forth, who gives a ****. Just pay your exit fee and leave. I know a few people in Cabarete that have been here 27yrs and have no intention of ever going through all the bullsh1t involved. In 27yrs, they have seen the rules change and the goalposts move so often that they now need binoculars to see what planet their now on.

There is no logic to it. None of it.

Look how much headaches people have saved by simply paying their exit fees and leaving. End of story.

Meanwhile, my Russian wife has gone back and forth to SD enough to accumulate 50,000 American Airline points. She's gone back and forth more often then Caribe Tours. She's gone back and forth more often then migrating monarch butterflies. At this point, she's traveled more often then the Space Shuttle. And for what!?

Today, she's on a first name basis with everyone at Immigration and has probably paid for all of their patio furniture and dental braces.

It's complete bullsh1t, and everyone associated with it knows it's complete bullsh1t.

When someone who has been living in Cabarete for 27yrs, and who travels out of the country only twice a year, tells you the residency is bull****, they know what they are talking about. As soon as they get arrested or deported, I'll believe the necessity of it.

14. Likes waytogo, Polar Bear, amstellite liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    It's easy to show compassion with Other People's Money.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

16. Likes Big liked this post
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast