Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default BECOMING LEGAL OR WINGING IT?

i ve gone over all the requirements over and over again .. getting everything from here in NYC then coming to then DR withing the time frame , paying the cash to a lawyer and then waiting for the authorities to drag their feet and pull me up for something I ve forgotten... I m thinking it may just be simpler to live there without papers and be done with it.. thoughts?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by amstellite View Post
    i ve gone over all the requirements over and over again .. getting everything from here in NYC then coming to then DR withing the time frame , paying the cash to a lawyer and then waiting for the authorities to drag their feet and pull me up for something I ve forgotten... I m thinking it may just be simpler to live there without papers and be done with it.. thoughts?
    Why did you start the process ?....because you felt it was the right thing to do .
    If everyone gave up at the first hurdle or two ...nothing would get accomplished .
    Stick with it.
    Just my opinion

3. Likes amstellite, caribmike, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irishpaddy View Post
    Why did you start the process ?....because you felt it was the right thing to do .
    If everyone gave up at the first hurdle or two ...nothing would get accomplished .
    Stick with it.
    Just my opinion
    thanks I think you re right

5. Likes irishpaddy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just imagine how tough it is for foreigners to apply for residency in the USA and how long that takes. The process in the DR can be a little frustrating but that is all it is (that's why you use a lawyer). It's fairly straight forward, not terribly expensive relative to other countries and in the end, you can walk down the street and not have to worry about being thrown on a bus to go talk to a Judge.

7. Likes irishpaddy, bob saunders liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    Just imagine how tough it is for foreigners to apply for residency in the USA and how long that takes. The process in the DR can be a little frustrating but that is all it is (that's why you use a lawyer). It's fairly straight forward, not terribly expensive relative to other countries and in the end, you can walk down the street and not have to worry about being thrown on a bus to go talk to a Judge.
    I've really only seen Hatians on the paddy wagon Cdn, to be perfectly honest. I mean, not that they don't have the token white guy once and a while. Maybe they'll be ramping up more.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

give it a shot amstellite
    Last edited by william webster; 07-18-2019 at 09:32 PM.

10. Likes amstellite liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

In the broader sense, I find it comforting that I do not need to worry about potential immigration woes or unexpected travel interruptions. Unlike some, I'm not quite so mobile and relocating somewhere else at a time not of my choosing would be quite the disruption in my daily life. Peace of mind with one of the few things I have some control over here in the DR, priceless.

To each their own.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

If you feel you have to do it, do it. If not don’t. It’s not a must so up to you.

13. Likes amstellite liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cdn_Gringo View Post
    In the broader sense, I find it comforting that I do not need to worry about potential immigration woes or unexpected travel interruptions. Unlike some, I'm not quite so mobile and relocating somewhere else at a time not of my choosing would be quite the disruption in my daily life. Peace of mind with one of the few things I have some control over here in the DR, priceless.

To each their own.
    Being turned back when one had planned on a 6-month stay is definitely not convenient. I would agree.

15. Likes amstellite liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I ve been in touch with LIsheli

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast