Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 45
  1. #21
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    509
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    From Jolly Olde
    Look at this nice perk offered Heathrow to USA passengers
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Check in your bags anywhere in London
    On your flight out of London Heathrow, check in your bags from your London address with our partner Airportr. Here’s how it works:
    1. Purchase the service online.
    2. Driver picks up your bags in your chosen 1-hour pick-up slot and scans your passport and boarding pass.
    3. Bags delivered to airport screening facility and you receive the tracking information via text.
    4. Travel around the city, to and through the airport, without your baggage weighing you down.
    5. Proceed to your flight and pick up your bags at Baggage Claim at your first point of arrival in the United States.
    That's the way it was when I flew to Tokyo back in 1986 ... excellent kind of service especially when there are more than one checked bag.
    There was no extra charge for the service.

    Russell

  2. #22
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I just had a pleasant surprise booking my trip back to SDQ

    They offered the business upgrade for $88....
    my Plus seat in the exit row was $71

    Even I can figure that one out.....

    Trip ain't cheap... booking today for the 10th.... $400 one way... + my $88
    I have one foot in the grave anyway....

    I thought it was a steal... never seen anything like it

    Scrambled eggs Benedict - ordered in advance

  3. Likes ljmesg liked this post
  4. #23
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    41
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The worst price in the states for flight is MIA to POP r/t. No competition creates $700-$800 tickets. Actual flight time 1 hour 20 or so. Normally upgrade for under $100 which makes sense after the $30 luggage fee. It is a crazy price for no service (not poor service just there is none).

  5. Likes tht liked this post
  6. #24
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HarpB View Post
    The worst price in the states for flight is MIA to POP r/t. No competition creates $700-$800 tickets. Actual flight time 1 hour 20 or so. Normally upgrade for under $100 which makes sense after the $30 luggage fee. It is a crazy price for no service (not poor service just there is none).
    The luggage fee is $75 and if you can get a $700 RT that's a steal

  7. #25
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    349
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    The luggage fee is $75 and if you can get a $700 RT that's a steal
    The luggage fee is NOT 75 dollars,where did you get that from????

  8. #26
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,793
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I have heard that MIA-POP route is $$$....

    too $$$

  9. #27
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    The luggage fee is NOT 75 dollars,where did you get that from????
    Luggage over 51 lbs but less than 70

  10. #28
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    399
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was booked on the 935 last Thursday POP to MIA and was halfway to the airport and got a text that the flight was CANCELED. Of course the 935 from MIA to POP was canceled

    They said maintenance issue but no doubt simply not enough passengers.

    They auto put me on the 1197 on Friday. Of course the plane was stuffed to the gills. Newer plane though

  11. #29
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    651
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That's AA's service in a nutshell. "We're contracted to fly you to Miami" I was once told. I missed my Middle East connection, United took the opportunity to offer superior service and booked me on their next flight out, free of charge. I think they enjoyed the chance to provide a much better service than AA.

  12. #30
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,913
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    I was booked on the 935 last Thursday POP to MIA and was halfway to the airport and got a text that the flight was CANCELED. Of course the 935 from MIA to POP was canceled

    They said maintenance issue but no doubt simply not enough passengers.

    They auto put me on the 1197 on Friday. Of course the plane was stuffed to the gills. Newer plane though
    Really ducks when you might have had someone meeting you, or a business meeting or medical appointment.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •