Podiatrist for Heel Bone Spur Surgery

C

ctrob

I may have this surgery coming up, Doc is still trying a few things but we might be running out of options.

I was wondering if anyone has had it done in the DR? And by who? Santiago or the capitol is fine. Doesn't much matter where. There is big recovery time, because they cut the achilles tendon and then reattach. Several months of laying around.

So I'm just wondering where I want to be during the recovery. At home in the States bothering my kids all the time, or in the DR and just hire a live-in Home Health Care expert.

Thanks in advance.

B

Big

Sir, if you have plantar fasciitis I would highly recommend NOT having surgery. I had it in both heels at different times. It took time but it went away. Very uncomfortable. Cortisone shots directly in heel helped until it went away. Glad I did not get cut.

C

chico bill

Sir, if you have plantar fasciitis I would highly recommend NOT having surgery. I had it in both heels at different times. It took time but it went away. Very uncomfortable. Cortisone shots directly in heel helped until it went away. Glad I did not get cut.
Plantar Fasciitis (if that is the cause) does not require surgery.
Corrective arch supports, staying off your feet for long periods
Losing some weight and yes cortisone shots can help relieve the pain but not a cure.
I had it in both feet, when working on a tunnel project and walking long distances in my steel-toed boots.
Horribly painful, but thank God it went away.

A lot of people wear flat flip flops, which contributes to PF.
I wear OLUKAI brand, with arch support built in. Not cheap but worth the cost and they last a long time

C

ctrob

Actually, slight correction. I have a BROKEN bone spur at my heel. Doc is still working on getting it to heal, but the break in the bone is causing problems.

Surgery is last resort. Not something I want to do.

X

XTraveller

Before Surgery,

Read this thread in the living section " Looking for foot Doctor_Santo Domingo-San Pedro"

Very good foot Doctor and Clinic Santo Domingo

Xtraveller