Fav scenic mountain spot somewhat close to Cabarete

J

jessies3

Hello I am staying in Cabarete in the fall and wanting to go have a scenic mountain dinner, I have seen good writeups about El Molino de la Cumbre - anyone have a different favorite or other suggestions?

Thank you

J

jessies3

thanks for the confirmation!
about how far is the drive from cabarete (kite beach)

D

drstock

It's about an hour to drive. From Cabarete drive east then turn right at the first major turning - the Cruz de Sabaneta. Follow that road to la Cumbre and el Molino is on the right. If you get there just before it gets dark you will get a great view of the lights in the valley below coming on and Santiago airport lit up. The only problem is you then have to drive back in the dark.

W

windeguy

The road is not in pristine condition, so beware of pot holes and people riding the center line or over on your side of the road in on coming traffic.

H

hammerdown

Any operating hotels close by?

There used to be a new one, almost right next door, but it is now closed down....

As far as views and food, Cafeto is far better than El Molino....

B

badpiece33

Camp david ranch is the most scenic and has a hotel for approx 2000-2500 if you want to spend the night, I encourage you to do that because the early morning views are great also

W

wrecksum

Camp david ranch is the most scenic and has a hotel for approx 2000-2500 if you want to spend the night, I encourage you to do that because the early morning views are great also

I've seen the place from above where it is but can't see how to get there from this North side of the Cordillera..Where do we need to turn off the Moca road please?

B

badpiece33

I've seen the place from above where it is but can't see how to get there from this North side of the Cordillera..Where do we need to turn off the Moca road please?

your not taking the Moca road, take the tourist road or 25 I think it is and go thru the mountains, once you reach the first gasoline station on the left turn left thru the gas station and follow the road to the top. Great for a late afternoon dinner and spend the night and enjoy breakfast before heading north, you wont be disappointed. Also there is a museum of Trujillos autos there also.