Posting on Facebook to bum rides with strangers

E

El Rey de Mangu

Ok, this has been something I have thought about for years.

I just saw a post on a popular fb site for Cab. Who are these people that are so bad off that they post to a site of 20K+ users looking for a ride with [a complete stranger] who, btw, could be some deranged pervert on the lam from his country. Who is so bad off you need to see who is driving to Puerto Plata from Cab? Let me tell you folks, you are most likely in the wrong place at the wrong time of your life if you, for one or more reasons, need help from that community to get to Puerto Plata from Cabarete.

W

william webster

I use the guagua.... what's the difference... they grope me sometimes

did I never tell you bout the time it so crowded I couldn't get out?

Opened the back window - I had the rear seat -
latched onto the roof rail and yanked myself out backwards

All of them - every one - stared in amazement

I guess they were unaware of Cirque de Soleil.....

S

slowmo

Now you tell me its dangerous. Tomorrow I am driving 3 strangers From Halifax to Montreal for some dinero.

D

Derfish

No different from hitchhiking is it? I think it may be safer than being the 27th passenger out of 32 in a 12 passenger bus!

D

Derfish

I use the guagua.... what's the difference... they grope me sometimes

did I never tell you bout the time it so crowded I couldn't get out?

Opened the back window - I had the rear seat -
latched onto the roof rail and yanked myself out backwards

All of them - every one - stared in amazement

I guess they were unaware of Cirque de Soleil.....

If you are like me you are probably proud to get your tired old body groped, just so the groping hands aren't looking for a passport or wallet.
Derfish

C

Celt202

Begpackers!

t4by1.jpg

C

Celt202

My dad 40 years ago spoke of 'working passage on a freighter ship' to see the world. Claimed when he was young a lot of guys did it.

I had a friend who did it several times with the Mesageries Maritmes line on their Indian Ocean routes.

B

Big

they always have enough money for weed and cheap beer. The men have pony tails, beards or man buns. The woman look unkempt. They all wear crocs and appear to need showers. I would rather give a ride to a Haitian coming out of a sugar cane field from work than one of those slugs.

C

ctrob

My dad 40 years ago spoke of 'working passage on a freighter ship' to see the world. Claimed when he was young a lot of guys did it.

But he worked for it. And probably hard work. Nothing wrong with that.

Those people begging are just bums.

T

Timotero

I saw a guy on one of those pedestrian overpasses on the Los Vegas strip. It’s a place that tends to attract panhandlers, beggars and the like. His cardboard sign simply said: “ WHY LIE, I WANT MONEY FOR BEER”. His “honesty” got him a few greenbacks.

D

drstock

they always have enough money for weed and cheap beer. The men have pony tails, beards or man buns. The woman look unkempt. They all wear crocs and appear to need showers. I would rather give a ride to a Haitian coming out of a sugar cane field from work than one of those slugs.

Now there's an old man's stereotype! No hippies around in your day?