Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Danilo is not standing again

    He has just announced on the TV he will not be standing again.

    Matilda


    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

  2. #2
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    8,745
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nothing beyond expectations. Danilo being Danilo.

    Polls Forum Moderator

  3. #3
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    25,960
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    When he became President in his first term he said he would run for a second term but he had the constitution changed so he could.

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Excellent news....lets hope Leonel looses along with the PLD.....country needs new fresh faces....

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I read a poll that had Albinader winning over everyone but Medina, even Fernandez.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  6. #6
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    I read a poll that had Albinader winning over everyone but Medina, even Fernandez.
    he is at 45% among the other candidates, higher than any.

  7. #7
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    36,295
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    he is at 45% among the other candidates, higher than any.
    We got a chance to meet him in a business lobby in 2015 when he was looking for campaign $$$. We chatted maybe 10 minutes. It was just him and his driver.

    Seemed pleasant enough, like just a regular guy, articulate, laid-back and mild-mannered, kinda professorial. I know nothing about his politics.
    Cabin Attendant,
    Augusto Pinochet Helicopter Tours

  8. Likes El Rey de Mangu liked this post
  9. #8
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cobraboy View Post
    We got a chance to meet him in a business lobby in 2015 when he was looking for campaign $$$. We chatted maybe 10 minutes. It was just him and his driver.

    Seemed pleasant enough, like just a regular guy, articulate, laid-back and mild-mannered, kinda professorial. I know nothing about his politics.
    Yes, I've seen him speak, that's about it. I am enthused for a party change in 2020.

    This was the article regarding the polls. Looks like it was about 40%

    https://listindiario.com/la-republic...jdwxoFF9fmg408

  10. #9
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,456
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    While a party change on the face of it is a great idea, it brings chaos along with it. Anyone else remember when Hipolito came into power? The key problem is that the DR has no independent civil service - those who work in government positions are supporters of the government in power, so all of those would go and be replaced. The problem is that the incoming people have no idea how to do the job, not having done it before, so getting anything official done becomes a nightmare until they learn to do their jobs - which can take a long while.

    Matilda


    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums
    www.DR1.com

  11. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    While a party change on the face of it is a great idea, it brings chaos along with it. Anyone else remember when Hipolito came into power? The key problem is that the DR has no independent civil service - those who work in government positions are supporters of the government in power, so all of those would go and be replaced. The problem is that the incoming people have no idea how to do the job, not having done it before, so getting anything official done becomes a nightmare until they learn to do their jobs - which can take a long while.

    Matilda
    absolutely important observation. in British caribbean territories, civil servants are not political appointees. there are people who work in Pensions, The Treasury, and other government bureaucracies who have been there all their working lives. governments come, and governments go, but they remain constant. those workers know everything there is to know about the jobs, and are as proficient as can be expected.

    in the DR, even the cleaning ladies get changed when the government changes. jobs are political payoffs, and have less than zero to do with competence. that is why trying to get anything done in a government department is a harrowing adventure...nobody knows anything.

  12. Likes Matilda liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •