Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    Polar Bear, when you're right, you're wright
    Something you'll never be

If it wasn't so unoriginal it might be slightly amusing, if you're under 12, but not

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    Polar Bear, when you're right, you're wright
    let's not go there.

The focus is to help the OP figure out how to deal with his neighbor.

Super Moderator DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Noise laws exist. They can be made to stop as already mentioned.

Double pain windows? Really, someone suggested that as a viable solution?

Call the police and/or medio ambiente. They could indeed have their equipment confiscated if they continue.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Andy the more I think about this the more I think you should not get the police involved he will retaliate and people will think you are a rat.
    I have found respect with not putting up with crap. Go out when the renters are blasting it and tell them to shut the .... up!! Works for me every time but I will allow noise until midnight on weekdays and 2 am on weekends. Luckily the loud noise doesn’t happen that often and my windows mostly help with sound although I hate having my windows closed... I could be getting used to it as well, who knows.
    I had to come to some acceptance as well. My always quiet barrio isn’t so quiet anymore now that the mansion next door has renters in it that sometimes like to crank the idiotic speaker system... it’s quiet now...yippee

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I wish...I just wish...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    There definitely is a law regarding noise pollution - Ley 287-04. The guidelines established by Medio Ambiente can be downloaded from this link(first dowload): https://ambiente.gob.do/transparenci...-legal/normas/

Basically, the sound level at your property line can't be above 65dBA during the day(around 7am-9pm) and 55dBA from 9pm-7am. It is enforced by Policia National and Medio Ambiente. The DR has become a lot more agressive in enforcing noise laws than they used to. You can try calling the PN to make a complaint, or have a special fiscal from Medio Ambiente come out to your property and officially measure the noise level - easier said than done.

Don't waste your time with a lawyer. As others have said, it's best to try to resolve the problem amicably if at all possible.
    Thank you very much, this is what I was looking for

7. Likes sosuadr liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    Andy the more I think about this the more I think you should not get the police involved he will retaliate and people will think you are a rat.
    I have found respect with not putting up with crap. Go out when the renters are blasting it and tell them to shut the .... up!! Works for me every time but I will allow noise until midnight on weekdays and 2 am on weekends. Luckily the loud noise doesn’t happen that often and my windows mostly help with sound although I hate having my windows closed... I could be getting used to it as well, who knows.
    I had to come to some acceptance as well. My always quiet barrio isn’t so quiet anymore now that the mansion next door has renters in it that sometimes like to crank the idiotic speaker system... it’s quiet now...yippee
    Yes, I am afraid of the police

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AndyAndy View Post
    Yes, I am afraid of the police
    When this happens to us, my wife calls the police, the police come and the music is stopped.

10. Likes sosuadr liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope springs eternal, maybe there is something that the PN is able to deal with.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Excessive noise can supposedly be dealt with by the 911 service. Worth a try!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast