Page 275 of 404 FirstFirst ... 175225265273274275276277285325375 ... LastLast
Results 2,741 to 2,750 of 4035
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    The new starting price in Casa Linda is $199Kusd and all new villas are built under contract,†hat has always been the case. A† any given time there are t least a dozen villas under construction. They jus† sent out an email saying tha† they have 100 new lots secured.
    Wow. I remember years ago looking at a house in Casa Linda for 59K and I thought they were asking too much. How times change.

2. Likes cobraboy, cavok, snoozer liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    With the beach sold for Marina...
    This is news. Where did you hear this?
    Who sold it? Who purchased it? Turning
    the beach into a marina would deter people
    who are looking to retire in a quiet beach
    town, my opinion.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    With the beach sold for Marina and women swept from the town Sosua may head to a serious economy trouble.
    Not ALL women. Let's not go crazy here.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

What sane foreign investor would invest when their business could be arbitrarily closed because of a new city ordinance or for other behind the scene decisions. No security!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    What sane foreign investor would invest when their business could be arbitrarily closed because of a new city ordinance or for other behind the scene decisions. No security!
    Perhaps the investors that worked with the city to create that ordinance? The ones who flew down on a private jet representing companies that are world wide names?

Just a guess, but an "educated" guess.

As always, I know nothing, nothing, nothing as some have said.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Perhaps the investors that worked with the city to create that ordinance? The ones who flew down on a private jet representing companies that are world wide names?

Just a guess, but an "educated" guess.

As always, I know nothing, nothing, nothing as some have said.
    Maybe so, but no big company is completely safe from the craziness. I was more concerned for the investor mentioned that are building all the new condos in gate communities anticipating some new economic growth. It possible this latest senseless murder of Matilda could also be another international news media blitz that be another negative twist.

8. Likes thompstr liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    Answer: NONE. Not even insane investor.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Tried the new Kings restaurant - not impressed with the atmosphere - kind of sterile, plastic Presidente chairs, with too loud music, but the food was slightly above average.
    I think I would only return for a sporting event if not on my TV.

11. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    The new starting price in Casa Linda is $199Kusd and all new villas are built under contract,†hat has always been the case. A† any given time there are t least a dozen villas under construction. They jus† sent out an email saying tha† they have 100 new lots secured.
    Casa Linda obviously is doing well at a slightly higher price than I am seeing in my 'hood.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Tried the new Kings restaurant - not impressed with the atmosphere - kind of sterile, plastic Presidente chairs, with too loud music, but the food was slightly above average.
    I think I would only return for a sporting event if not on my TV.
    The music is not loud to Dominicans because they lose their ability to hear well shortly after birth.
    Because of loud music.

14. Likes Drak, DR Solar, ctrob, chico bill, Bob K and 1 others liked this post