Page 345 of 404 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4035
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Still waiting for the background of the Clasico reopening. The only source so far is the FB page belonging to Orlando Alvarez.
    He says other restaurants will follow (which makes sense). It will be interesting to watch what happens, if it happens and if it becomes a success.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Orlando is the owner of El Flow and Sosua Car Rentals. He wouldn't post it if it wasn't true.
    On the 16th of January Orlando's Facebook page claimed Classico would be re-opening on January 24th. (The post has subsequently been removed).

I didn't realize being the owner of "El Flow" and "Sosua Car Rentals" made Orlando the arbiter of truth regarding the Dominican government's latest actions here in Sosua.

Orlando's Facebook page is not a good source of objective information about current and obviously future events happening here in Sosua. He, like many others, has an agenda here. That should be blatantly obvious to anyone who actually knows what goes on here in Sosua, perhaps it is clearer now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    Yes, it does.
    Yes my 15 yr expired driver license have helped me immensely here...

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NY-DR Commuter View Post
    On the 16th of January Orlando's Facebook page claimed Classico would be re-opening on January 24th. (The post has subsequently been removed).

I didn't realize being the owner of "El Flow" and "Sosua Car Rentals" made Orlando the arbiter of truth regarding the Dominican government's latest actions here in Sosua.

Orlando's Facebook page is not a good source of objective information about current and obviously future events happening here in Sosua. He, like many others, has an agenda here. That should be blatantly obvious to anyone who actually knows what goes on here in Sosua, perhaps it is clearer now.
    His agenda is to make a living. You know, the small business owner.

4. Likes irsav, jd426 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Normally just one post of a person is enough to understand - if he is having AN AGENDA, or he is providing a correct objective first hand information.
    One more observation - those with AN AGENDA are normally very angry and aggressive in personal attacks on other persons. Those WITHOUT AGENDA - usually are more relaxed and decent in behavior. A different CLASS.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=NY-DR Commuter;2004460

I am not an investor, owner, partner or in any way connected to the Ahnvee Resort other than personally knowing the owner.

[/QUOTE]

Owners and not owner. Ahnvee is owned by a group of investors mostly from Florida called Dream City Resort. They even share some of the same marketing employees. Are you sure you know any of them? or once again pretending you are somebody you are not and bragging about rubbing elbows with the well-to-do.

7. Likes aname4me, jd426, irsav liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

He's more of an arbiter of truth or informant than you have ever been on this board. A local businessman doing well and not scared by hiding behind a persona.

9. Likes jd426, ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A very interesting transformation has occurred in the last two months.

Ahnvee Resort & Sports (financial turd)
    has transformed into
    Ahnvee Resort Adults Only (golden goose)

This miraculous turn around of Ahnvee came because someone decided to close all of the successful Chica Bars (the competition) and mandate the new Chica Zone to be exactly where the (previously struggling) Ahnvee is, and extended the hours Ahnvee could operate.

WOW..... What luck!

Was this....

Cleaning up Downtown ?
    or
    Cleaning up (by closing) Downtown ?

11. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Sure, it's a conspiracy. The Mayor, the Presidente, waterfront property landowners, Marriot, and investment banks were all in on it.

Hooker Real Estate is not good for anybody. It's not good for investment, it's not good for (real) jobs, it's not good for property values. What just happened in Sosua has happened in thousands of town all over the world. From NYC down to 50K population towns. Doms decided to push it out. It's really that simple.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

ctrob, it really is that simple as you point out in post 3508

So, how many bars that were closed re-opened in the past few days and remain open? I think there might be one from what I read above?

14. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Was in Sosua Friday. Spoke with the owner of
    Kings whist enjoying a cold one around the corner
    from PC. He said he is going to reopen the main
    spot but couldn't say when.