Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 315
  1. #21
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    843
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    H’mmmmm? Your numbers seem inflated? I was there last night too. Having dinner and drinks on the patio at the former Rumbas watching the street. The number of “strollers” seemed significantly reduced during the time I observed (8:30pm-10pm approx.


    The numbers are reduced during this time because 75% of the chicas are still in their beds sleeping.....lol

  2. Likes Timotero liked this post
  3. #22
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    625
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    see ya there tonight , will buy you a beer

    Thanks, but no thanks. I go out maybe once a week. Can’t handle more than that.

  4. #23
    Bronze
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,194
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    excited about change that is not going to happen in Sosua for the next twenty years?? If a long term investor is looking to turn Sosua into some type of family or retirement destination, he better have a long long time horizon
    Where have you been in the last 20yrs of Sosua changes? Things move even 10x faster then back then..

  5. #24
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    WOW! Seems like every thread now is about Sosua/Prostitution. Cool.

  6. #25
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If the red light district were moved to the other part of town, the family tourism fans would complain the red light district is discouraging families from going there.

  7. Likes Derfish liked this post
  8. #26
    Regular
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't think there is a plan under our definition of what a plan would be.
    I think there is an idea of what they want with no real plan on how to get there.

    What I don't really get is why they want to make life difficult for themselves, first having to drive prostitution out in some way and then try to get family tourism in. It's not like those two streets in Sosua are anything special that needs to be preserved for family tourism.
    Why not just forget about the prostitution challenge and just create a new Sosua center/downtown across the beach Punta Cana style? Most family tourists would be there for the beach presumably, so build a walk bridge from the beach to across the highway and create some sterile Sosua center tourist place there. Problem solved and you have new tourist acceptable infrastructure immediately without having to somehow fix the decrepit mess that is Sosua center now.

  9. Likes Uzin liked this post
  10. #27
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jd_mine View Post
    I don't think there is a plan under our definition of what a plan would be.
    I think there is an idea of what they want with no real plan on how to get there.

    What I don't really get is why they want to make life difficult for themselves, first having to drive prostitution out in some way and then try to get family tourism in. It's not like those two streets in Sosua are anything special that needs to be preserved for family tourism.
    Why not just forget about the prostitution challenge and just create a new Sosua center/downtown across the beach Punta Cana style? Most family tourists would be there for the beach presumably, so build a walk bridge from the beach to across the highway and create some sterile Sosua center tourist place there. Problem solved and you have new tourist acceptable infrastructure immediately without having to somehow fix the decrepit mess that is Sosua center now.
    From an accounting standpoint, bleeding out the prostitution and increasing the family demographic would mean dramatically lower liquor sales. Since food is at best A 5% margin, what would Sosua businesses do to absorb that loss?

  11. #28
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    4,623
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    From an accounting standpoint, bleeding out the prostitution and increasing the family demographic would mean dramatically lower liquor sales. Since food is at best A 5% margin, what would Sosua businesses do to absorb that loss?
    Removing Sosua as a sex destination for North Americans is not an economical decision for Doms.

  12. #29
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    Removing Sosua as a sex destination for North Americans is not an economical decision for Doms.
    I guess so, but then why pick Sosua for this miraculous transformation of morality?

  13. #30
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    4,918
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Sosua as a sex destination is slowly dying.
    The girls offering their services are poor (and look it).
    Their diet must consist of everything cooked in lard .
    No longer are better educated and well dressed girls coming from Santiago. It is now barrio queens from Charamicos, Montellano and Maranatha and other impoverished ghettos, many smoking cigarettes and on drugs.
    They are rude, even when it is obvious their attention is unwanted.
    None can afford bras or girdles.

    Yes it is just like the cheap disposable products sold in the ever-growing number of Chinese stores in Sosua now - Offering pure junk at bargain basement prices....and the women in the sex trade are now similar bargain basement wares being offered, and that will be what kills the sex tourists. When it isn't sexy anymore, they won't come.

  14. Likes JDJones, nigrarosa, jstarebel liked this post
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •