Page 348 of 389 FirstFirst ... 248298338346347348349350358 ... LastLast
Results 3,471 to 3,480 of 3887
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by aname4me View Post
    I walked by (the Bar formally known as) Rumbas this morning. I notice two things different.

1. The Cleaning Lady was very carefully moving every chair and table to mop the floor.

2. There were 2 big signs laying on the concrete fence ,at the front, at the sidewalk. Each was made on yellow plastic (6mil ?) with very big red letters..... NOW OPEN

It reopened today at 2pm.

2. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jd426 View Post
    Its also really BAD News for the Know it all's here who claimed they had inside information,.and all this knowledge about how things really work , based on what Santo Domingo says ..
    If These Bars re open... some of y all really really need to step back and re think what you think you know
    , cuz you certainly do not have a clue how things really work in the DR ...
    Accomodating the US of A footballer appreciating crowd for their Super Bowl championship. A big event. Brings in money. Much money. Following the contest, the original plans are still in works. Nothing much to see, but much to spend of your money, if you so wish. Yes, some really do need to learn how the RD works.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Its also really BAD News for the Know it all's here who claimed they had inside information,.and all this knowledge about how things really work , based on what Santo Domingo says ..
    If These Bars re open... some of y all really really need to step back and re think what you think you know
    , cuz you certainly do not have a clue how things really work in the DR ...
    We will see what happens next with respect to what happens if they go back to a certain business model. If they go back to business as before, and you know what I mean by that, and remain open for months, then and only then can you boast about it.

That said, only one of the closed bars re-opened? What about all the rest of them? Is there special treatment just for that one bar?

5. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    We will see what happens next with respect to what happens if they go back to a certain business model. If they go back to business as before, and you know what I mean by that, and remain open for months, then and only then can you boast about it.

That said, only one of the closed bars re-opened? What about all the rest of them? Is there special treatment just for that one bar?
    Still not the 24. .....

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post

The previous business model (after it changed from being called Rumba to Kings) was a sports bar/restaurant. I couldn't understand why it was closed in the first place.

8. Likes jd426, cavok, slowmo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A friend of mine said he saw about eight cops closing Rumbas back down last night about 10 pm.

10. Likes cavok, windeguy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Possibly the shortest lived re-opening ever.

Same fate for Clasico & Merengue if they open tonight?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    The previous business model (after it changed from being called Rumba to Kings) was a sports bar/restaurant. I couldn't understand why it was closed in the first place.
    That is the part people are not grasping they " COMPLIED" SEVERAL different TIMES, and were still shut down...
    But read the comments here , it makes it sound like "they went back to their old ways, same shenanigans"
    that is just not true ... the only corruption here was by the Dom Govt who shut them down ..
    again, bars, are not whore houses , Discos or restaurants are not whore houses .. the only real Whores I see are the ones accepting the Bribes to allow a business which was not supposed to be shut down in the first place to re Open again .
    change my mind, as the saying goes ..

13. Likes drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That is the part people are not grasping they " COMPLIED" SEVERAL different TIMES, and were still shut down...
    But read the comments here , it makes it sound like "they went back to their old ways, same shenanigans"
    that is just not true ... the only corruption here was by the Dom Govt who shut them down ..
    again, bars, are not whore houses , Discos or restaurants are not whore houses .. the only real Whores I see are the ones accepting the Bribes to allow a business which was not supposed to be shut down in the first place to re Open again .
    change my mind, as the saying goes ..
    I thought the city was saying that that stretch of PC was being "rezoned" for restaurants only(?). I don't know if they even have zoning laws here, or whether or not they could be legally forced to close the way they were, even if there are zoning laws, but it seems to me that Kings was definitely a restaurant. Many restaurants have a bar.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    I thought the city was saying that that stretch of PC was being "rezoned" for restaurants only(?). I don't know if they even have zoning laws here, or whether or not they could be legally forced to close the way they were, even if there are zoning laws, but it seems to me that Kings was definitely a restaurant. Many restaurants have a bar.
    Exactly.... read what you wrote there , and others should try to read and comprehend it as well.
    How and why would a restaurant just give up their Bar business ? so they can go Broke ?
    and HOW ( if there even was Re zoning) can a WHOLE Street be declared " No bars" ? in the DR ? this is ridiculous , show me one other " dry" Street in the entire Country ..
    Show me this " re zoning" paper ..I would love to see it .
    or is it the Decor at these bars which bothers some, and supposedly attracts whores and mongers ? remember this is a town that told them to put up WINDOWS so no one can see inside.
    The only reason i am following this is cuz it absolutely fascinates me how things work in the DR, but there IS a pattern .