Page 328 of 404 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 4035
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...Has anyone seen the video on the internet featuring a black man that has done many videos on Sosua..Only on this one he has a Dominican attorney as a partner... together for only $795. dollars they will tell you how to invest in property and businesses in the D.R.....W.T.F......

2. Likes ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by slowmo View Post
    Maybe it's time to start checking ID before randomly throwing women in jail.
    That's the other thing. I would have thought it was routine to ask for an ID(?).

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    How can they confuse an African American girl with one of the Dominican chicas? How many of those chicas can speak perfect English? How many speak Spanish in a broken English accent? As soon as they start questioning them they should know if they're Dominican or not.
    But those doing the questioning cannot speak english nor have common sense or any level of intelligence. For them its just a cash grab of sorts. Serve and protect does not exist here no matter how many locals and expats (with businesses) continue to say how wonderfully safe it is here. Its not the mini-bars that are the problem!

5. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Expat13 View Post
    But those doing the questioning cannot speak english nor have common sense or any level of intelligence. For them its just a cash grab of sorts. Serve and protect does not exist here no matter how many locals and expats (with businesses) continue to say how wonderfully safe it is here. Its not the mini-bars that are the problem!
    I think that's it in a nutshell - zero common sense. You would think they would have learned their lesson after s similar incident in Cabarete about 3 years ago.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

That's the other thing. I would have thought it was routine to ask for an ID(?).
    If you've ever dealt with these muppets (PN) you'd
    understand. Many of them have no business having
    a position of authority.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I bear a strong resemblance to Tom Selleck.
    I doubt this will last.
    I couldn't resist, enjoy!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBIgXhiOpeQ

9. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

How can they confuse an African American girl with one of the Dominican chicas?
    Them boys ain't the sharpest tools in the shed.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

They are instructed to pick up any female who looks like she could be,in their eyes,a hooker.
    Not to think or ask for ID.
    They remove the phones and possessions and lock them up for the night in a concrete floor room with a bucket for up to twenty girls..
    There is no recourse,explanation,phone call, doctor,water or paperwork and no charges filed.In the morning they are released.

As I said before,on one occasion they inadvertently picked up a girl from an influential family and had to quickly release her.
    One would think this would slow down the overzealous breach of human rights but had no effect whatsoever.

The corps was formed to protect tourists but I doubt anyone really thinks this is protecting anyone.
    Merely following the Mayor's instructions.

I'm not a 'monger' but consider that illegally detaining a law-abiding citizen simply walking on the street is an abomination even in a banana republic.

Please don't come out with the "it's not your place,get used to it.Welcome to Paradise etc.homilies.- That's just tedious".

12. Likes jd426, slowmo, ramesses, Tricky, drstock liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    Just to the left of this jetty is Infinity Blue. I was there with
    friends a few months ago and they were still pouring rocks.
    This photo looks like the heavy lifting is done.

Yes, it is almost finished. I walked through what will be the reception of the Marriott Ocean Club, the pool and seafront today.
    Unfortunately, when I wanted to take pictures a nice guy who seemed to be the manager appeared and said no pictures please.
    He told me that only a little more rocks will be added at the end of the current breakwater.

It was even a strip of sand inside the «wanna be beach», interesting to see if/how that increases during the months/years to come.

Nice property and buildings, and if they succeed to have their own private beach too.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by etolw View Post
    Yes, it is almost finished. I walked through what will be the reception of the Marriott Ocean Club, the pool and seafront today.
    Unfortunately, when I wanted to take pictures a nice guy who seemed to be the manager appeared and said no pictures please.
    He told me that only a little more rocks will be added at the end of the current breakwater.

It was even a strip of sand inside the «wanna be beach», interesting to see if/how that increases during the months/years to come.

Nice property and buildings, and if they succeed to have their own private beach too.
    The giant trucks seem to have have stopped for now.

Interesting precedent:-
    If all beaches in the DR are supposed to be public,I wonder if that goes on to apply to privately manufactured ones?