Page 380 of 404 FirstFirst ... 280330370378379380381382390 ... LastLast
Results 3,791 to 3,800 of 4032
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    These guys must be in camouflage cause they are not to be seen anywhere.
    The article states that his job is to make sure Sosua "remains" clean. Sounds like a case of mismatched expectations.

2. Likes Seamonkey, Tricky, etolw liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

But to WHERE did all these hundreds and hundreds women from PC go?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by irsav View Post
    But to WHERE did all these hundreds and hundreds women from PC go?
    You need to buy these on amazon first!!
    https://www.amazon.com/Original-X-ra.../dp/B001DBEARY

5. Likes etolw liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    I was disgusted by the empty lots near the banks and walking east on PC. ….full of garbage. There are garbage bags being dumped there. There is no excuse for that. Does the mayor not see it? Also, the lids missing on the edenorte meters are a real concern if you wants tourists here. I can't really think of anything positive that I saw today. I used to love walking from my condo to my business back in the day. Now it's just a hood.
    open refuse, trash in empty lots is a political problem easier to solve. The waft of sewage is more complex, old and dated infrastructure and little to no pipe repair

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    open refuse, trash in empty lots is a political problem easier to solve. The waft of sewage is more complex, old and dated infrastructure and little to no pipe repair
    ...and all that sewage that you smell goes right into the ocean..they should do a water test at the beaches....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL... I think the general climate of Sosua and the north coast turns people into crabs or something. I do not think things are getting worse at all. To me the streets of the city look about the same as years past and right downtown the streets look better. Still lots of restaurants to go to. You have the beaches too. For sure many things to improve upon. Hopefully things will get better, but nothing in Sosua or Cabarete is horrible. I am doing fine and enjoying my life here.

9. Likes JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

...when all the details of things that need to be fixed are over..one fact remains, buildings, people, bars, restaraunts, hotels can be changed..but the fact that Sosua is in a beautiful place will remain... now if the problem about the cost of a ticket at the nearby airport can be solved, the rest will happen...…...Doc....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ...when all the details of things that need to be fixed are over..one fact remains, buildings, people, bars, restaraunts, hotels can be changed..but the fact that Sosua is in a beautiful place will remain... now if the problem about the cost of a ticket at the nearby airport can be solved, the rest will happen...…...Doc....
    When will it be over? It's been going over for over a decade. The problem with doing business in Sosua is that there is no black and white area, it's all grey. The mayor makes up rules as she goes and makes it almost impossible for a business to be run day to day operations without harassment. She ruined the looks of Pedro Clisante by cutting down the beautiful trees and planting palm trees that offer no shade. Have you looked at all the trash in the pit behind Monreal lately??? The town has not moved ahead. Where is Sosua a beautiful place exactly? The beach is nice and also the countryside, but when we are talking about the downtown proper, it's a disaster.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    That is a big part of the problem. And it is a problem I don't see being resolved. The three new hotels by Marriott on the north coast will cater to clients who don't care about the price of an airline ticket. The retired pensioners will complain about the cost of airline tickets, but will still come because it is only one round trip ticket every 3 to 6 months.

Back to the cost of the tickets being reduced. That would require competition to be a possibility. The entire north coast would have to compete with Punta Cana to get sufficient people to start wanting to vacation in Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete, etc and only then will flights increase and become more competitive. I simply don't see that happening any time soon, so the rest won't be happening in my opinion. Just a slow growth in expats over time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    That is a big part of the problem. And it is a problem I don't see being resolved. The three new hotels by Marriott on the north coast will cater to clients who don't care about the price of an airline ticket. The retired pensioners will complain about the cost of airline tickets, but will still come because it is only one round trip ticket every 3 to 6 months.

Back to the cost of the tickets being reduced. That would require competition to be a possibility. The entire north coast would have to compete with Punta Cana to get sufficient people to start wanting to vacation in Puerto Plata/Sosua/Cabarete, etc and only then will flights increase and become more competitive. I simply don't see that happening any time soon, so the rest won't be happening in my opinion. Just a slow growth in expats over time.
    Just a few years back Sosua was full of visitors and businesses were being left to get on with,well,business with little interference.
    It was a booming party town downtown and a pleasant place to be out of the 'mile' if you didn't like that type of entertainment.

Nobody asked for a Punta Cana or Juan Dolio or high rise concrete.That was not considered a requirement with Cabarete a few miles away for the non - Sosua tourist and Punta Cana for the non - adventurous sort.

It's always back to the old saying."If it aint broke,don't fix it" but huge amounts of (so far, imaginary) money have been bandied about and pockets lined to "Fix" it.

'Tis done now.
    Fixed.

Boresville Sosua.

14. Likes drstock liked this post