Page 357 of 404 FirstFirst ... 257307347355356357358359367 ... LastLast
Results 3,561 to 3,570 of 4032
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot of drugs?

I guess this the norm in Sosua now. Drugs everywhere... No one was arrested in this incident, with all the drugs involved?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ..A new kind of tourist had invaded the hotel I was in..first night there a young man from NYC rented a large room for himself and then had his 4 friends and their chicas come in.. the party lasted all night, a lot of drugs a chicas were enjoyed.. then It turned into a big fight..they broke every thing in the room including one chica who was hit in the head with a bottle, breaking both.. they were told in the morning pay up and get out... in NYC they would be in jail......
    Were you staying at Sosua Inn by any chance?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    Guess your in mongering business sorry your losing hopefully you find piece in other ventures...the town is bigger then 4-5 bars...maybe open snow cone buss. Tarot card reading...think out of box.. Cherise offers help she needs money for her new face lift boob job and butt apparently!
    People will never accept that the town is far bigger than the bars in question. They have a focus only on that one thing along with the world's oldest profession.

Your secondary comments are humorous regarding the new "videographer" competing now with Mr T.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    ..A new kind of tourist had invaded the hotel I was in..first night there a young man from NYC rented a large room for himself and then had his 4 friends and their chicas come in.. the party lasted all night, a lot of drugs a chicas were enjoyed.. then It turned into a big fight..they broke every thing in the room including one chica who was hit in the head with a bottle, breaking both.. they were told in the morning pay up and get out... in NYC they would be in jail......
    Any physical description of these nice tourists? Just in case. To be aware.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    We all know I"the problems" cannot lay at the door step of the mayor. There are so many things that are out of sync with tourism and Sosua. (I don't know a whole lot about Sosua but a read a lot, see a lot of videos, visited a couple of times) but could not the problems be:

I don't see the problems as being the Mayor's fault, but many will find her to be the scapegoat.

1. It has a reputation based on one underlying theme. A city for sex.But there are MANY cities that one can go to if that's what you want. Many of them are a lot more inviting and exotic. The internet has opened up the eyes of the possibilities. From what I see the ladies are a lot more attractive in the orient, in the South seas, in Columbia and more.

You have identified highly relevant issue. Some consider this profession a problem to be cleaned up, some considerate a necessity that it remain intact or Sosua will disappear , others are simply amused by the discussions over and over about it.

2. I don't know the numbers but there are millions of families take vacations together. Sosua? Sex? Hints of perverts? Nope. In fact, talk to those that live in this country. When was the last time a Dominican said "Hey! lets go to Sosua this weekend?"

North coast tourism is and has been going down for years. The recent uptick noted in Cabarete is seasonal.

3. A gazillion deals and packages. Hotels galore. New. Bright and shiny. A deal a minute. Get your cell phone or I pad out and travel the world, including the DR! Sosua, not in the top ____________?

For certain Sosua is not even on the radar any more. Punta Cana still is despite the recent people with medical issues, but even they are reported to be struggling more than recently.

4.North coast weather, to me, does not trump the Caribbean Sea. IMHO. It's almost guaranteed but when the storm hit the Atlantic...not so sure I'm taking that bet.
    The south and east coasts of the DR are far more vulnerable to hurricanes than the north coast. A hurricane has never hit Cabarete or Sosua, other parts of the island cannot share this claim, so on this point I have no idea what you mean.

5. The capital vs _________? Today I saw poolside the value of having a location for moneyed people come out and spend all weekend long. The Ricos. Yep, they have money, its obvious. Can Sosua compete?

There is a very expensive resort on the north coast that does well. You have probably never even heard of the company. I know I had not. It is for the 1%'rs of the world. Amanera is it's name. Lifestyles is not really cheap and they are in two spots on the north coast. The Marriott Beach Club, Marriott W and Marriott Ritz Carlton Reserve in the Sosua and Cabarete areas are fairly pricey but it remains to be seen if they do well.

Those are just a few off the top of my head. The mayor has nothing to do with ANY of my points.
    True that the mayor has little control over general tourism entering the north coast, but the whore mongers think all of the ills of their small area are because of her.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by johne View Post
    We all know I"the problems" cannot lay at the door step of the mayor. There are so many things that are out of sync with tourism and Sosua. (I don't know a whole lot about Sosua but a read a lot, see a lot of videos, visited a couple of times) but could not the problems be:

1. It has a reputation based on one underlying theme. A city for sex.But there are MANY cities that one can go to if that's what you want. Many of them are a lot more inviting and exotic. The internet has opened up the eyes of the possibilities. From what I see the ladies are a lot more attractive in the orient, in the South seas, in Columbia and more.

2. I don't know the numbers but there are millions of families take vacations together. Sosua? Sex? Hints of perverts? Nope. In fact, talk to those that live in this country. When was the last time a Dominican said "Hey! lets go to Sosua this weekend?"

3. A gazillion deals and packages. Hotels galore. New. Bright and shiny. A deal a minute. Get your cell phone or I pad out and travel the world, including the DR! Sosua, not in the top ____________?

4.North coast weather, to me, does not trump the Caribbean Sea. IMHO. It's almost guaranteed but when the storm hit the Atlantic...not so sure I'm taking that bet.

5. The capital vs _________? Today I saw poolside the value of having a location for moneyed people come out and spend all weekend long. The Ricos. Yep, they have money, its obvious. Can Sosua compete?

Those are just a few off the top of my head. The mayor has nothing to do with ANY of my points.
    Go to Sosua beach on Saturday or Sunday tell me what you see John?
    Who are the people at festival here?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dv9xEXhhHIY
    Why do you come to Sosua John?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post

True that the mayor has little control over general tourism entering the north coast, but the whore mongers think all of the ills of their small area are because of her.
    I don’t blame the way they think Windy they have been wearing mongering glasses for a while in town and can’t see there little fren let alone world from there bellies.. we have a few here from other board trying to muddy the waters , all that proves is there way of life here will never be the same again...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have friends in town for the Superbowl and they dragged me down to Ahnvee last night. If there wasn't 500 working girls in there there wasn't a single one,despite all that I had read about the scene in there I could not believe my eyes.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0910 View Post
    I have friends in town for the Superbowl and they dragged me down to Ahnvee last night. If there wasn't 500 working girls in there there wasn't a single one,despite all that I had read about the scene in there I could not believe my eyes.
    Like said before.... Sosua now has the Worlds Largest Brothel.... and the Mayor made it possible

10. Likes jd426 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ando1991 View Post
    A lot of drugs?

I guess this the norm in Sosua now. Drugs everywhere... No one was arrested in this incident, with all the drugs involved?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I have noticed a lot of the Jet Blue crowd and others, chatting about coke and pot in some of the bars. One asked the bar owner where he could buy some marijuana, the owner just looked at him like 'find another bar'.
    I heard a very young man talking about getting some heroin to his gringa girlfriend last night.
    I don't even know if that's available.
    And I had a motoconcho ask if if I wanted pot or cocaine at the corner near Bon ice cream, entering to Playa Alicia, 3 nights ago and this is not the first time someone there has offered drugs.

If you are going to use drugs here I would suggest you keep your mouth shut, do it in your rental home only and don't involve the chicas, or you are just painting a target on your back and the police would love to bust a tourist for drugs for a big payoff in propinas. They will drain your ATM.