Page 372 of 402 FirstFirst ... 272322362370371372373374382 ... LastLast
Results 3,711 to 3,720 of 4013
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    dont know about all the complex development plans in Sosua or neighboring Cab.But the last several days I have never seen so many working chicas in Sosua proper, the beach, bars and restaurants. Driving and/or walking by the salons in town they are super busy with chicas getting their hair and nails done. Pretty sure it aint for church or a wedding. Many of the chicas get off work at hotels/restaurants etc and start their second job in the evening.
    Please post pictures of all the chica please old eyes miss them....circled town 8:30 maybe 20 in total and I’m being generous..
    Please post pictures where you are hiding the 500 virgins ?

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Uzin View Post
    The thing is the only business that has ever flourished in Sosua was/is the chica business, going back many decades, well before my time and yours,
    You're on the innerweb, so your safe. But say that in the presence of certain Dominican's and you would have some explaining to do. It's fairly insulting.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I prefer Sosua as it is.
    More quiet in the centre of town with less low class girls and moto conchos.

Just as well to keep all at Ahnvee.

The beach is still pleasant with enough diversion and a much preferable atmosphere than sterile Cabarete.

Monday on the way to S.D. there were a Holland America and a Carnival cruise ship in Amber Cove.
    Many tourists were on excursions for activities and buses/adventure trucks on RD 5 into the direction of Imbert.

No idea if any cruise passengers ever make it to Sosua or Cabarete.
    Have not checked on excursions offered by the cruise lines.

4. Likes lifeisgreat liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lobo Tropical View Post
    I prefer Sosua as it is.

No idea if any cruise passengers ever make it to Sosua or Cabarete.
    Have not checked on excursions offered by the cruise lines.
    I rarely go to the beach, but I was told they are now coming to Playa Sosua. You'll see them accompanied by guides in vests or matching shirts. A few hours at the beach then back to the boat. And that's exactly why you won't see it go back to the old atmosphere, deals have been cut.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    I rarely go to the beach, but I was told they are now coming to Playa Sosua. You'll see them accompanied by guides in vests or matching shirts. A few hours at the beach then back to the boat. And that's exactly why you won't see it go back to the old atmosphere, deals have been cut.
    If they are coming now to Sosua and were not before, that is indeed another piece of the puzzle. One that I was not aware of until this moment. But then, I am not a "cruiser".

Anyone who thinks that cruise companies don't have sway in the DR is deluding themselves. Perhaps think of them as "floating Ritz Carltons" if you must.

7. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    If they are coming now to Sosua and were not before, that is indeed another piece of the puzzle. One that I was not aware of until this moment. But then, I am not a "cruiser".

Anyone who thinks that cruise companies don't have sway in the DR is deluding themselves. Perhaps think of them as "floating Ritz Carltons" if you must.
    Yep. That's one $$ faucet that can be shut in a heartbeat without missing a step.

9. Likes windeguy, ctrob liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ctrob View Post
    At least vendors will make a little money.
    Two cruise ships put a lot of money into the economy.

If the ships also arrive in the slow season that would help.
    Big money talks.

The overtly hordes of in your face girls are not missed by me.

11. Likes lifeisgreat, AlaninDR liked this post
    Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spanky27312 View Post
    No videos from Miko for 3 or 4 days; when he did the next video, he said something about being jacked up.
    He’s back in Santo Domingo now..... Sosua is too small to keep videoing.
    His dominican friend(?) stole his equipment when sharing a room....Passport too. In La Vega.
    I won’t link to any video or source for this information, they are all awful to watch or read... Those dudes style

Please do not follow up on this slightly off topic Sosua post.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Some will disagree with you that the only thing that ever worked in Sosua was prostitution, but I won't get into that. That was then and this is now. Things change in life, if you have not noticed that by now you never will.

I will wait and see what happens in the future based upon recent and current events that are aimed at diminishing the appearance of prostitution and not eliminating it.

Dick and David are playing tonight at Matteo's in Sosua. If that works, Dick and I might play there the next time. Friday Dick, David and I play at Castaways for Valentines Day. Our Sunday gig at Onno's in Cabarete had to be moved to the following Sunday because the local elections are this Sunday and no alcohol sales or music are being allowed, at least in Cabarete. I am guessing the elections for Mayor are this Sunday in Sosua as well? Who will win?

Here's your song for the day:

...thanks for the music.. my favorite Buffett song, and one he didn't write. been traveling down to the Banana Republics starting in 1970 that makes it 50 years this winter....Doc...

14. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    Please post pictures of all the chica please old eyes miss them....circled town 8:30 maybe 20 in total and I’m being generous..
    Please post pictures where you are hiding the 500 virgins ?
    https://streamable.com/6zwh0

16. Likes Big liked this post