Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't hold out much hope for any sort of successful revitalization of "the block", this Mayor, this current iteration of the same old "plan" and Sosua in general. It remains a place where more English is spoken than elsewhere so those with limited Spanish seem to gravitate here to set up retirement shop in the gated communities and accept the limited infrastructure, shopping options and the nightlife downtown as par for the course. I am aware of nothing that would constitute anything other than a slow continual downward spiral for the town over the last 15 - 20 years.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Certainly anyone who has moved to Sosua over the last 15 years and is so bothered by the chica trade to the point of being disgusted has no one to blame but themselves. The girls are and have been part of the landscape for decades, they are woven into the community. By all indications it is not going to change anytime soon, the debates will continue as well just like they have for the last 15 years.

3. Likes slowmo, drstock liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Certainly anyone who has moved to Sosua over the last 15 years and is so bothered by the chica trade to the point of being disgusted has no one to blame but themselves. The girls are and have been part of the landscape for decades, they are woven into the community. By all indications it is not going to change anytime soon, the debates will continue as well just like they have for the last 15 years.
    They should not be disgusted with putas, but with Edenorte. Power issues have been brutal in the past while. Before the mayor changes the entire culture of Pedro Clisante she might want to address the power issues. I really doubt that the thousands of families that will be coming here from all over the world will be impressed with not having power as they walk the new and improved Pedro Clisante.

5. Likes ramesses, slowmo, zoomzx11, thompstr, Tricky and 1 others liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    They should not be disgusted with putas, but with Edenorte. Power issues have been brutal in the past while. Before the mayor changes the entire culture of Pedro Clisante she might want to address the power issues. I really doubt that the thousands of families that will be coming here from all over the world will be impressed with not having power as they walk the new and improved Pedro Clisante.
    This is what I keep saying. Fix the problems that affect people each and every day...you know, the basic things before worrying about redoing the town.

They don't give a crap about the citizens and their needs...they are in this for money. Pockets lined, palms greased.

7. Likes Seamonkey, zoomzx11, Fulano2, Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not that it is going to happen, but I would enjoy watching what would transpire if everybody moved to the other part of town and built new bars, restaurants and hotels. Maybe the mayor could find a way to build a new sidewalk.

Guaranteed the mayor would want to move all the families and cruise ship passengers to the new red light district and move the hookers and johns back to where they started.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zoomzx11 View Post
    Nice story. Thanks for putting it up.
    The working girls are victimized enough.
    Good people are everywhere is you look.
    Totally agree and glad to do it. No woman wants to frequent Pedro Clisante selling her body. Poverty and other social issues force her to make that choice. Their plight is compounded by the abuse they receive from police and that includes high ranking police officials. I had conversations with some of the ladies who frequent the resorts. The simple act of taking the time to listen to them opens a door to me beyond their protective emotional armour. I’ve seen a fair degree of intelligence and beauty in some of them. Some are fiercely protective of their family and co-workers. They all want a normal life. The same desires as women everywhere.

10. Likes zoomzx11, slowmo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    ... Then there is the construction just east of Hi Caribe not yet finished and of unknown reason.
    When I drove by about 6:30pm this evening there were 8-10 guys working there. Mostly welding the metal structure.

I drive by there 3-4 times a week on my way to dinner, and this is the first time in many months I have seen any construction workers there.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The govt should start with a curfew on bars.
    Create and enforce a dress code for the women
    who want to hang out in the restaurants after
    curfew. Those who refuse to abide by the new
    rules can sit in jail for the night. No unaccompanied
    women allowed on the strip and no rowdy behavior
    should be tolerated.

At the same time, encourage the bars to relocate
    to another part of El Batey, perhaps further down
    the road to a designated red light area where it can
    be better controlled.

Might I add... I stayed in Charamicos a few weeks ago and
    I've never seen so many working girls in a colmado vying
    for customers. Its unlikely the girls are going to stop coming
    up to Sosua anytime soon. Theiy're just plying their trade in
    less desirable places.

13. Dislikes Sosua Sonny disliked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    It's been ........................
    I'd like to hear from someone in Sosua as to just how many vacant buildings down there at that end of PC are actually available for ALL the clubs to just move into.
    “All the clubs”? How many are we actually talking about? No one is “naming names”.

IIRC there are only a few “bars” left on that block of Pedro Clisante?
    Starting on the north side of PC moving east to west:
    - Pratinum
    -Bourbon Street (I think it would be classified as a Resturant?)
    -Hotel Central
    -Classicos/Merengue (I’m guessing this is the primary target?)
    Across the street on the south side of that bock (east to west):
    - King Sports (formally Rombas) (I think this would also be classified now as a restaurant?)
    -Winners Circle
    And that’s It! (Unless I’m forgetting some?)

If you also included the next block further east we are just adding Cez Montreal (is it a bar or restaurant?), Finn McCoolls (May already be closed), and City Lights.

What am I missing?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Timotero View Post
    “All the clubs”? How many are we actually talking about? No one is “naming names”.

IIRC there are only a few “bars” left on that block of Pedro Clisante?
    Starting on the north side of PC moving east to west:
    - Pratinum
    -Bourbon Street (I think it would be classified as a Resturant?)
    -Hotel Central
    -Classicos/Merengue (I’m guessing this is the primary target?)
    Across the street on the south side of that bock (east to west):
    - King Sports (formally Rombas) (I think this would also be classified now as a restaurant?)
    -Winners Circle
    And that’s It! (Unless I’m forgetting some?)

If you also included the next block further east we are just adding Cez Montreal (is it a bar or restaurant?), Finn McCoolls (May already be closed), and City Lights.

What am I missing?
    Thanks for the info. I haven't been to PC at night in a long time, so I didn't know how many clubs there were.

With Bourbon Street and Rumbas most likely classified as restaurants, and some of the others adding food to be classified as such(does Sosua even have any definite regulations so as to how to differentiate between a club and a restaurant(?) - in Florida a certain percentage of sales must be food to classify), moving two or three clubs down to the other end will probably make no difference at all.
    Last edited by cavok; 09-12-2019 at 01:09 AM.

Page 54 of 72 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast