Page 379 of 405 FirstFirst ... 279329369377378379380381389 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4047
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    A hotel on/in the Sosua Beach area is on the market for sale. It is a 6 room "apartment" building on the South end of the property.

Maybe the owner knows something about future development of the entire property. I saw the property on Facebook. It is also listed by a realtor.
    The one for around USD$200k?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Since my vehicle is in the garage I decided to walk into town this morning and run some errands. I hadn't walked the town in quite some time. I gotta say that it's a disaster. Trash in all the fields, sidewalks full of crap and dirt, I had to dodge multiple Edenorte meters that had no lids on them, the smell of sewer in the entire downtown, boarded / closed buildings. The sidewalks are in the worse shape that I have seen them. If it wasn't for motoconchos and cash exchangers there would be nobody in town. Baileys had maybe 15 in it, Terra Linda a few, Rockys had zero, MonReal had zero, Matteos and café Cubano had a few. I ended up at Plan B which was empty. In all I saw no more than 40 patrons. This was between 930-11:30am. It's a very sad scene. Much different than when I arrived here 10 years ago on February 19,2010.

3. Likes irsav, wrecksum, ramesses liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    The families that have lived in Sosua for the last 20 years know what they were getting into and it does not bother them. The families that have and are moving into Sosua recently and are betting on gentrification are throwing the dice, thats their problem
    What were they getting into?
    I hope they continue shovling
    all of the sh*t down the end of
    the road so people like myself
    don't have to see or listen to it
    the next time I'm in town for the
    weekend enjoying my breakfast.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CristoRey View Post
    a red light town

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I really don't understand why someone would choose to move to or visit a place they don't like and then expect it to change for their benefit.
    There are many other places,within a stone's throw, to have ones breakfast surely?

I do find that odd.

And extremely egocentric.

7. Likes Big, ogunjobi123, TheViking liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Rufuses to take off mongering glasses off and carry’s wine in box his girlfriends flip flops keep wearing walking to east end and his life revolves around pay for play..what can you expect... he is just upset he can’t have breakfast while picking out dinner anymore...

9. Likes ogunjobi123, CristoRey liked this post
    Dislikes ogunjobi123 disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Seamonkey View Post
    Since my vehicle is in the garage I decided to walk into town this morning and run some errands. I hadn't walked the town in quite some time. I gotta say that it's a disaster. Trash in all the fields, sidewalks full of crap and dirt, I had to dodge multiple Edenorte meters that had no lids on them, the smell of sewer in the entire downtown, boarded / closed buildings. The sidewalks are in the worse shape that I have seen them. If it wasn't for motoconchos and cash exchangers there would be nobody in town. Baileys had maybe 15 in it, Terra Linda a few, Rockys had zero, MonReal had zero, Matteos and café Cubano had a few. I ended up at Plan B which was empty. In all I saw no more than 40 patrons. This was between 930-11:30am. It's a very sad scene. Much different than when I arrived here 10 years ago on February 19,2010.
    Most of the PC cruisers don't see this.
    Many typical posters here have no clue what is going on outside their tiny sphere of bars/beach/babes etc..

When one lives here it's certainly noticeable how rapidly things have gone downhill.This has nothing to do with the favourite topic of hookers etc., but everything to do with proper civic management and promotion,now sadly no longer present.

11. Likes Seamonkey, slowmo, irsav, Tricky, ramesses and 1 others liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

They hired the ex mayor to be in control of trash and have started cleaning... progress here is one step forward two back...

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5819&article=1

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrecksum View Post
    Most of the PC cruisers don't see this.
    Many typical posters here have no clue what is going on outside their tiny sphere of bars/beach/babes etc..

When one lives here it's certainly noticeable how rapidly things have gone downhill.This has nothing to do with the favourite topic of hookers etc., but everything to do with proper civic management and promotion,now sadly no longer present.
    I was disgusted by the empty lots near the banks and walking east on PC. ….full of garbage. There are garbage bags being dumped there. There is no excuse for that. Does the mayor not see it? Also, the lids missing on the edenorte meters are a real concern if you wants tourists here. I can't really think of anything positive that I saw today. I used to love walking from my condo to my business back in the day. Now it's just a hood.

14. Likes irsav, JDJones liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by lifeisgreat View Post
    They hired the ex mayor to be in control of trash and have started cleaning... progress here is one step forward two back...

https://www.sosuanews.com/index.php?id=5819&article=1
    These guys must be in camouflage cause they are not to be seen anywhere.