Page 305 of 390 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 3895
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ljmesg View Post
    Maybe somebody can post an aerial of Sousua beach and where they are looking at building or starting to build.
    Just look at it on Google Earth. That entire parcel behind between the parking lot on the east end and Charimicos could be developed.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Just look at it on Google Earth. That entire parcel behind between the parking lot on the east end and Charimicos could be developed.
    So basically all of the land above the beach. You can see 3 or 4 major structures within the trees. Houses I assume. Maybe commercial buildings?

If every square inch of that is developed, access points from the road will be curtailed for sure.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CFA123 View Post
    I question your blanket statement that everything would be within 60 meters. Let’s look at a couple

Using the current google satellite image and their distance tool... the main structures are arguably at 60 meters or more. Some of the others you mention are even further back.

It’s very likely that the 60m rule was well taken into account when many of the newer properties were constructed and the main buildings were constructed with pre-approval of their location based on average high tides at time of construction.

Ocean One

Harmony
    Incidentally, the average or mean high tide line is much much higher than your depiction.

I went out at 7:44pm tonight and the water in many places touches the dunes and in most places comes to within 30' of the dunes. There is no big swell right now to speak of.

Remember Mojitos got flooded during the last swell. Everyone knows coastline is eroding everywhere. The states too. Again, most of those buildings would be in the 1968 zone.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically all of the land above the beach. You can see 3 or 4 major structures within the trees. Houses I assume. Maybe commercial buildings?

If every square inch of that is developed, access points from the road will be curtailed for sure.
    There are one or two houses in the wider section towards the Charimicos end. But I think what you're seeing is the vendor shacks around Playa Media. Playa Media is where the walk way comes in from the road.

5. Likes ljmesg liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear!
    Can we stop the points scoring on the highly flexible 60 metre rule that nobody in government cares about and ask if anybody has any real new news about the future,real or imagined, of Sosua or are you all stuck on your tri-decameters?

I guess nobody knows anything new that has a semblance or reality..

(Why am I interested as a non-voting Gringo? All this stuff is now right next to me..And I can do nothing about it. but maybe it could help a decision or two.)

7. Likes etolw, tripp789, drstock liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wrecksum View Post
    Oh dear!
    Can we stop the points scoring on the highly flexible 60 metre rule that nobody in government cares about and ask if anybody has any real new news about the future,real or imagined, of Sosua or are you all stuck on your tri-decameters?

I guess nobody knows anything new that has a semblance or reality..

(Why am I interested as a non-voting Gringo? All this stuff is now right next to me..And I can do nothing about it. but maybe it could help a decision or two.)
    Of course it would be good to know if any new work has started behind Sosua Beach. I have not heard of anything since the fence was put up along the main road other than the mention of some lumber moving hardware in the area.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

For the family oriented, Laguna SOV has opened after renovation.
    They have some decent craft beers on tap as well.
    Planning to take the children there next week, they all love it.

Meanwhile in Sosua

Last edited by etolw; 12-25-2019 at 11:22 PM. Reason: added video, i know I should not

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Incidentally, the average or mean high tide line is much much higher than your depiction.

I went out at 7:44pm tonight and the water in many places touches the dunes and in most places comes to within 30' of the dunes. There is no big swell right now to speak of.

Remember Mojitos got flooded during the last swell. Everyone knows coastline is eroding everywhere. The states too. Again, most of those buildings would be in the 1968 zone.
    Check what the word "mean" means in statistics. It's not where the high tide is on any one given point in time.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Need more future of sosua talk and less 6 meter rule talk imo. That alone deserves its own thread

12. Likes JDJones, drstock liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure as soon as anyone has any new info to add, they will. The 60 meter set back is at least tangently pertinent to future development on Sosua Beach and elsewhere along the north coast. From the posts, it appears many people really don't understand it.
    Last edited by cavok; 12-26-2019 at 01:21 PM.