Page 182 of 390 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 3895
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

It can be a challenging walk as you will have to dodge motos, chicas, dogs, farm animals, and delipidated sidewalks.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Copious amounts of rum won't make the walk easier either.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

The security at the Ahmvee resort needs to be excellent otherwise they are going to have major problems with their hotel guests which in turn could lose them a lot of business. To get to the disco you have to walk through the entire resort, past dozens of hotel rooms in different blocks. Now just imagine, literally's 100's of prostitutes walking through the hotel and possibly their chulo's/pimps with so many hotel rooms is a recipe for disaster. Even the guys that are staying in that very hotel and coming to Sosua with just one purpose would probably feel threatened to be staying in the same resort with all these people wandering around. I am not sure what their current security is like, but one can only imagine the 'opportunities' that are there for dishonest people! What they need to do is create a separate entrance to the disco area so that they have better control of preventing any potential threats to their hotel guests. Now who remembers when they came into town boasting to be Sosua's only 5 star hotel??? People were laughing back then, and rightly so....those same people are probably dying from fits of laughter!!!

4. Likes Big, Garyexpat, jd426, cavok, ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tee View Post
    The security at the Ahmvee resort needs to be excellent otherwise they are going to have major problems with their hotel guests which in turn could lose them a lot of business. To get to the disco you have to walk through the entire resort, past dozens of hotel rooms in different blocks. Now just imagine, literally's 100's of prostitutes walking through the hotel and possibly their chulo's/pimps with so many hotel rooms is a recipe for disaster. Even the guys that are staying in that very hotel and coming to Sosua with just one purpose would probably feel threatened to be staying in the same resort with all these people wandering around. I am not sure what their current security is like, but one can only imagine the 'opportunities' that are there for dishonest people! What they need to do is create a separate entrance to the disco area so that they have better control of preventing any potential threats to their hotel guests. Now who remembers when they came into town boasting to be Sosua's only 5 star hotel??? People were laughing back then, and rightly so....those same people are probably dying from fits of laughter!!!
    Very astute post! By and large chicas cause no problems, however they and their "posse" together can and will wreak havoc on a property quickly if not appropriately monitored.
    and yes I was one of the people that were super skeptical of the 5 star moniker to the point of chuckling, similarly of the pending alleged "Marriott" paradise.

6. Likes tee, jd426 liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Very astute post! By and large chicas cause no problems, however they and their "posse" together can and will wreak havoc on a property quickly if not appropriately monitored.
    and yes I was one of the people that were super skeptical of the 5 star moniker to the point of chuckling, similarly of the pending alleged "Marriott" paradise.
    I have stayed at Ahnvee….5 star???...

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Interesting! Same thing with the beach bars in Costambar. Local residents near the bars complained about the noise levels, especially on karaoke nights and the bars were told no more karaoke. High noise levels are pretty much a part of everyday life in the the DR. I’m surprised locals are starting to complain about it and bars are actually shutting down.
    Noise was just an excuse to get rid of AD.....remember they planted an under age chica in Rancho Tipico and raided the place..... Ad spend time in jail...they were always out to get Ad anyway.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Estrelleta44 View Post
    Trying to force us to take in more of them will only end with Parsley massacre 2.0..... better starts learning how to say perejil HAHAHAHAHAH
    Disgraceful post. Genocide is never a fit subject for humor. This post should be deleted and its poster threatened with banning for any further infraction.

10. Likes JDJones, malko, Polar Bear liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cavok View Post
    Very well said. I have some AA friends(professionals) who are now no longer going to Sosua for all the reasons you stated. They're now going to Colombia instead.
    Interesting. I have a few "AA friends(professionals)" as well.

We have two of the most important pieces of paper ever created: American passports and dollars. We travel where we please, when we want.

Little secret: we hate being around loud, ignorant obnoxious people too, regardless of nationality and melanin content. And Colombia, Brazil and Thailand aren't the only fun places to go, not by a long shot.

Turns out, women like confident men who like women, and know how look and act like gentlemen.

That said, some still go to the North Coast. Others enjoy Santiago, and those with families love them some Las Terrenas and the East Coast generally. Have yet to hear they didn't enjoy their time there.

12. Likes ogunjobi123 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by USA DOC View Post
    I have stayed at Ahnvee….5 star???...
    They also showed New England Lobster on their Menu Pictures .... just as Humorous ..
    I wonder what that costs to fly in ?

14. Likes Big liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by spanky27312 View Post
    Noise was just an excuse to get rid of AD.....remember they planted an under age chica in Rancho Tipico and raided the place..... Ad spend time in jail...they were always out to get Ad anyway.
    yes, and he kind of brought it on himself though... if you know AD , you know exactly when that happened .. Lets just say he was not asked to close the Black Box on the Beach.. he was kind of run off. and troubles followed him everywhere after that . AD in his prime was a Fantastic Businessman, and knew exactly what his clients wanted .. Superb Host in every way ... But then he started drinking heavily, Alienating everyone , even those who helped to promote him , and it went downhill fast for him..... So it was not just "they were always out to get him".... He just burned way too many bridges .