EXTENDING THE 30 DAY VISIT TO 60 DAYS

A

amstellite

I have heard that it s possible legally to ask for an extension up to 60 days,that won t effect any future legalization applications ( rather than simply overstaying).Has anyone heard of this? I have a UK and USA passport. Would either grant me more time? I ve visited the DR for the past 15 years and my heart is set on the island. But it s only ever been a vacation. I would love to stay there longer than 30 days just to prove to myself that I can do it and it s what I really want. Then knowing that I would return to my home embassy to start the legalization process properly.

D

Derfish

I have heard that it s possible legally to ask for an extension up to 60 days,that won t effect any future legalization applications ( rather than simply overstaying).Has anyone heard of this? I have a UK and USA passport. Would either grant me more time? I ve visited the DR for the past 15 years and my heart is set on the island. But it s only ever been a vacation. I would love to stay there longer than 30 days just to prove to myself that I can do it and it s what I really want. Then knowing that I would return to my home embassy to start the legalization process properly.

We've all heard of it. But most of don't believe it.
Derfish

S

SKY

Don't waste your time, just pay the overstay fee at the airport when you leave like the thousands of others do.

H

Harleysrock

Ok you really do not need to worry about this.
We are in the DR not North America so relax and go with the flow.

B

Big

the prisons are packed with overstayers, busting at the seams. They are carting them off to jail and prisons by the bus loads. I see them all the time with waist-chains and leg shackles. I am so glad I am legal
Wait ...they are doing a raid in my neighborhood as we speak....those jack booted immigration officers

N

NanSanPedro

the prisons are packed with overstayers, busting at the seams. They are carting them off to jail and prisons by the bus loads. I see them all the time with waist-chains and leg shackles. I am so glad I am legal
Wait ...they are doing a raid in my neighborhood as we speak....those jack booted immigration officers

Are they going to house them with all the litterers and bad drivers they keep busting?

C

Cdn_Gringo

If you happen to be in Santo Domingo, you might consider applying for an extension before your first 30 days runs out. If you are not in Santo Domingo, I wouldn't make a special trip there to do just that.

W

windeguy

If you happen to be in Santo Domingo, you might consider applying for an extension before your first 30 days runs out. If you are not in Santo Domingo, I wouldn't make a special trip there to do just that.

And get your medical exam, proof of sovency, etc in order to do so. For 30 days more. Ridiculous.

T

TropicalPaul

Mods - seriously? Another thread about extending tourist visas, where the same four or five people will go round and round in circles making exactly the same point. DR1 used to be so interesting and these days it just seems to be a handful of people saying the same thing over and over again.

L

lifeisgreat

And get your medical exam, proof of sovency, etc in order to do so. For 30 days more. Ridiculous.
Think about it...it was set up that way on purpose they get to get rid of undesirables with out looking like they are profiling...Remember when they said Everyone out gringos stay well that didn’t bode well for them..

C

cavok

Mods - seriously? Another thread about extending tourist visas, where the same four or five people will go round and round in circles making exactly the same point. DR1 used to be so interesting and these days it just seems to be a handful of people saying the same thing over and over again.

That's because so many people keep asking the same question over and over again.

W

windeguy

Until the Haitian Situation is under Control, things won't change much. I heard that somewhere. More than once. Could take a while.