Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 52
  1. #1
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Ok, forget the invite

    I apparently made an error inviting members for a coffee in Cab. The replies were insults and jokes. Very sad.

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    7,589
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Closed your other invite thread.......


    Santiago

  3. Likes El Rey de Mangu liked this post
  4. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Those invites and meet-to-greet don't seem to work anymore. There was supposed to be one in Santiago a few months back and I don't remember reading if that took place or not.

  5. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Those invites and meet-to-greet don't seem to work anymore. There was supposed to be one in Santiago a few months back and I don't remember reading if that took place or not.
    sad, i think because the medicare B crowd is very embarrassed to meet.

  6. Likes barker1964, Tamborista, CristoRey liked this post
  7. #5
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,207
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    I apparently made an error inviting members for a coffee in Cab. The replies were insults and jokes. Very sad.
    Not guilty

  8. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,461
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    sad, i think because the medicare B crowd is very embarrassed to meet.
    Don't let the whiners spoil the fun. Pick a date and a place then the rest will follow.
    Whoever introduces the old again to recognize the new, can be a teacher to others.
    (Confucius)

  9. Likes Garyexpat, Harleysrock, ctrob, beachcomber liked this post
  10. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    4,449
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    sad, i think because the medicare B crowd is very embarrassed to meet.
    Same theme: How can you invite folks without a date?
    Derfish

  11. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
  12. #8
    Gold
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    7,374
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frank recktenwald View Post
    Don't let the whiners spoil the fun. Pick a date and a place then the rest will follow.
    How did the one in Santiago turn out?

    Probably be better off waiting for the snowbirds to show up. They don't seem quite as grumpy as some of the full time expats.

  13. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
  14. #9
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    21,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It would ruin their fun...

    easier to slap/punch an unknown face rather than a known one

    plus - perhaps the social skills might be a bit rusty

  15. Likes bigbird, Russell liked this post
  16. #10
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    33,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    It would ruin their fun...

    easier to slap/punch an unknown face rather than a known one

    plus - perhaps the social skills might be a bit rusty
    remember the immortal line from Doc Holliday in Tombstone?....

    ''my hypocrisy goes only so far''.

  17. Likes Russell liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •