Ok, forget the invite

E

El Rey de Mangu

I apparently made an error inviting members for a coffee in Cab. The replies were insults and jokes. Very sad.

B

bigbird

Those invites and meet-to-greet don't seem to work anymore. There was supposed to be one in Santiago a few months back and I don't remember reading if that took place or not.

E

El Rey de Mangu

Those invites and meet-to-greet don't seem to work anymore. There was supposed to be one in Santiago a few months back and I don't remember reading if that took place or not.

sad, i think because the medicare B crowd is very embarrassed to meet.

B

bigbird

Don't let the whiners spoil the fun. Pick a date and a place then the rest will follow. ;)

How did the one in Santiago turn out?

Probably be better off waiting for the snowbirds to show up. They don't seem quite as grumpy as some of the full time expats.

W

william webster

It would ruin their fun...

easier to slap/punch an unknown face rather than a known one

plus - perhaps the social skills might be a bit rusty

T

the gorgon

It would ruin their fun...

easier to slap/punch an unknown face rather than a known one

plus - perhaps the social skills might be a bit rusty

remember the immortal line from Doc Holliday in Tombstone?....

''my hypocrisy goes only so far''.

W

william webster

I just read that thread and am wondering why it got closed...

Nobody said 'Yes' but as derf says ... Nobody posted a possible date

The back/forth conversation was harmless & civil

Seemed fine to me....Maybe I live in the gutter of DR1... I try not to
but I've missed the target before

W

william webster

Hmmm ... OK

Need I point out the 2 threads running simultaneously and separately now?
or is that not under your jurisdiction?

E

El Rey de Mangu

remember the immortal line from Doc Holliday in Tombstone?....

''my hypocrisy goes only so far''.

I love Doc Holliday. He was great. "you looked liked someone just walked over your grave" -Tombstone

N

NanSanPedro

Just for the record, if it had been anywhere between SD and Bavaro and not on Sunday, I would have gone.

I'm actually looking forward to meeting some of the fellow posters.

D

Dr_Taylor

Just for the record, if it had been anywhere between SD and Bavaro and not on Sunday, I would have gone.

I'm actually looking forward to meeting some of the fellow posters.
I join NanSanPedro in this. I have met one or two on here, and it was delightful.

I

I love Azua

sad, i think because the medicare B crowd is very embarrassed to meet.

El Rey de modungo Why are you picking on Part "B' people? Do you have more offer than someone(like me}? I really doubt your life experiences are that overpowering. Think before typing.

G

Garyexpat

I apparently made an error inviting members for a coffee in Cab. The replies were insults and jokes. Very sad.

I got to Sosua today. I would have went. I don't know you well enough to like you or not and if "not" i would just decline on another invite. Even if we (all DR1 members) don't agree, no reason to take it too serious. Sorry to hear that was your experience. I'll probably be in Caberete tomorrow, I'll have a coffee, or beer, if you want.