TinyPic Shutdown & Alternative

B

bigbird

TinyPic is shutting down in 2019

TinyPic is shutting down its image hosting service because we can no longer support a free service that derives 100% of its revenue from ever declining on-site ad revenues.

While you may continue to host images from our site until further notice, we encourage you to consider selecting one of the premium plans offered by our sister site, Photobucket.

Thanks for using TinyPic for your hosting needs over the years. We apologize that we can no longer continue providing this service, but Photobucket is a great option going forward.

I looked at PhotoBucket but would really not like to pay as I only use TinyPic to post photos on dr1.

What other "free" services are available?

F

frank recktenwald

Thanks, haven't seen anything about the subject.
Used Tinypic a minute ago to post here.
When is this supposed to start?

B

bigbird

29vxu2s.jpg

5vn6gn.jpg

C

cobraboy

Screw photobucket. I dropped them after they wanted to charge $300 a year for third-party hosting, i.e., hotlinks after charging $40 a year. I tried a couple of others and chose ImageShack.

Then after six months PB came back at a vastly lower price. Too late. You guys screwed the pooch.

B

bigbird

Too bad I can't post pictures anymore with Tinypic but look at the pictures.

They shut down already? Did you try Photo Bucket? They have a free account you can store up to 250 images. I am going to try that as i only used tiny pic for dr1 stuff. When i get close to 250 pics i will delete the 10 oldest ones.

F

frank recktenwald

They shut down already? Did you try Photo Bucket? They have a free account you can store up to 250 images. I am going to try that as i only used tiny pic for dr1 stuff. When i get close to 250 pics i will delete the 10 oldest ones.

I used to have Photobucket but then they started to charge so I switched to tinypic.
Tried just now Photobucket again but you have to subscribe and pay.
Also tried Flickr just now but I can only copy the link nothing more.

Last edited:
B

bigbird

I used to have Photobucket but then they started to charge so I switched to tinypic.
Tried just now Photobucket again but you have to subscribe and pay.
Also tried Flickr just now but I can only copy the link nothing more.

Look on that sign up page. They have three pay sign up options. Scroll down and you will see the free 250 images. I don' know if that means 250 and that is it or when approaching 250 you can delete some and keep going.