Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    Frank your arrogance is showing

2. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    makes you wonder if some of these guys are unaware that planes fly both ways...
    Please......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    Please......
    my sentiment exactly, when i read postings from people who just beat up on the place every day, and a week later they are still here..

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it too much to expect others to refrain from behavior that they should know could seriously injure someone else? Is personal responsibility and common sense no longer a requirement of an individual that lives among others? Never mind, don't answer that.

6. Likes Caonabo, Big, chico bill, cobraboy liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Frank your arrogance is showing
    nah, Frank12 just showed you a true life video of how things are in SD Centro, a normal day.

8. Likes nigrarosa liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just for the record.

Do I think it is right? NO

Do I think anyone is going to do something to stop it? NO

On Probation
    Post Thanks / Like

It's important to keep a couple things in mind regarding the video:

1. The video is sped up around 8x faster then normal...otherwise it would have ended up being 30-minutes long. It's simply meant to demonstrate who people navigate in traffic congestion in SD.

2. The traffic in SD is hell! It's Dante Inferno sitting in the heat with a full face motorcycle helmet on. If it's 90f degrees outside, inside the helmet--with no breeze--it's like 1000 degrees centigrade. It's unbelievable. You could cook a full English breakfast on your head. I always wear a full face helmet. Always.

3. Because the speed--the real speed (not the sped up video)--is less then probably 3mph on the sidewalk, it's easy to stop, turn, move, etc.

4. In 38yrs of driving motorcycles in the DR, i have never had an accident involving a motorist. It could change tomorrow, next month, next year, etc. It hasn't happened yet. Been driving motorcycles here since 1978.

5. If you're on a motorcycle or scooter, is there really a reason to sit behind a long line of traffic when you can easily navigate up to the front of the line and get out of everyone's way? If the motorcycles and scooter sat one at a time behind each other, they would stretch like dominoes from SD to Punta Cana, and the traffic would never move because there would be 500 people taking up one single lane of traffic, waiting for the light to change.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by frank12 View Post
    It's important to keep a couple things in mind regarding the video:

1. The video is sped up around 8x faster then normal...otherwise it would have ended up being 30-minutes long. It's simply meant to demonstrate who people navigate in traffic congestion in SD.

2. The traffic in SD is hell! It's Dante Inferno sitting in the heat with a full face motorcycle helmet on. If it's 90f degrees outside, inside the helmet--with no breeze--it's like 1000 degrees centigrade. It's unbelievable. You could cook a full English breakfast on your head. I always wear a full face helmet. Always.

3. Because the speed--the real speed (not the sped up video)--is less then probably 3mph on the sidewalk, it's easy to stop, turn, move, etc.

4. In 38yrs of driving motorcycles in the DR, i have never had an accident involving a motorist. It could change tomorrow, next month, next year, etc. It hasn't happened yet. Been driving motorcycles here since 1978.

5. If you're on a motorcycle or scooter, is there really a reason to sit behind a long line of traffic when you can easily navigate up to the front of the line and get out of everyone's way? If the motorcycles and scooter sat one at a time behind each other, they would stretch like dominoes from SD to Punta Cana, and the traffic would never move because there would be 500 people taking up one single lane of traffic, waiting for the light to change.
    I have been riding since 1967 and lane splitting is fine, it is also legal not only here but most states in the US and Canada.
    Sidewalks are not.

12. Likes cobraboy liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I have been riding since 1967 and lane splitting is fine, it is also legal not only here but most states in the US and Canada.
    Sidewalks are not.
    Lane splitting in the US is only legal in California. People might be doing ot in other states, but that doesn't mean it's legal there. I don't think I've seen a law in DR that makes riding on the sidewalk illegal.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by NanSanPedro View Post
    Had an incident with a moto guy on the sidewalk. He was driving on the sidewalk at least 100 feet in front of me and could have gotten off the sidewalk easy. He had to swerve to avoid me and a woman a few feet in front of me. I yelled at him big time which seemed to startle him.

I guess the question is how much do other Dominicanos tolerate this. I was the only person upset by his actions. I have seen it before but not too much. I would guess it's against the law but that doesn't matter apparently.

I probably should just acquiesce, but that's not my personality.
    Count your blessings........ you are lucky enough to even have a side walk.

15. Likes chico bill liked this post
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast