Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Zero sympathy for this guy, he should not left alone with any of his children. I saw the video of his release on bond, his family was applauding and hugging him as he was walking out, I do not understand that at all.

my 2 cents.

2. Likes VJS, Derfish, Caonabo liked this post
    Dislikes NanSanPedro disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

he has a disorder....
    that alone , I suppose, should exclude him from child care

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

If that were the case the majority of parents should not have children.

5. Likes NanSanPedro liked this post
    Poll's Forum Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ducadista View Post
    Zero sympathy for this guy, he should not left alone with any of his children. I saw the video of his release on bond, his family was applauding and hugging him as he was walking out, I do not understand that at all.

my 2 cents.
    Dominican family members usually do that even if the person killed someone. If the person is well liked within the family, they will find plenty of support from there and the family will defend them until the end. Sometimes the actions are too great or obvious for defending, but they will often appeal to his humanity.

With the guy in question, it does seem that it was unintentional.

Polls Forum Moderator

7. Likes NanSanPedro liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Watching NBC Nightly News just now, I learned a staggering statistic...

A child dies in a hot car once every 9 days.... this year's number.

Shocked me....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Watching NBC Nightly News just now, I learned a staggering statistic...

A child dies in a hot car once every 9 days.... this year's number.

Shocked me....
    That's 41 in a year over a population of almost 5 million. While it's heartbreaking for the parents and siblings, I don't consider it staggering number.

10. Dislikes Caonabo disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

one every 9 days is pretty staggering --- to me

rivals the DR death list.....maybe beats it

But these are careless deaths... sad, sad, sad... and will continue , I expect

Yes- 40 and a bit is the number

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

It's absolutely staggering when one considers that's the number of parents who left their children in a car.

13. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

computer translated:

They will not present criminal charges at this time against Dominican who forgot twins in vehicle

Judge said this means that the criminal case is still active, but the accusation is paused for the moment.

Diario Libre - THE BRONX 08/02/2019, 11:27 AM

A judge ruled that there is no criminal case at this time against Juan Rodríguez, the Dominican accused of the death of his one-year-old twins, whom he forgot in his car when he went to work.

The spokeswoman for the district attorney's office in El Bronx confirmed that the judge decided not to present the case to a grand jury at this time, pending further investigation. She said this means that the criminal case is still active, but the accusation is paused for the moment. Rodriguez was ordered to return to court for another hearing on August 27.

Rodriguez, who is an active member of the United States National Guard, a veteran of the war in Iraq and a social worker at the veteran's hospital in The Bronx, burst into uncontrollable cries in court, with a room full of family, friends and close friends, who unanimously showed him support, calling him an exemplary father and giving himself completely to his children.

He pleaded not guilty to two counts of involuntary manslaughter and negligence, and was released hours later on bail of $ 100,000.

US media reported that Marissa Rodriguez, the mother of little Phoenix and Luna, said she was afflicted and completely devastated. "Although it hurts more than I could ever imagine, I still love my husband," Marissa wrote in a press release. "He is a good person and a great father and I know he would never do anything to intentionally hurt our children."

Juan Rodríguez, 39, had to take Mariza and Phoenix to daycare but went straight to Fordham Manor VA Hospital, where he works as a social worker, leaving babies in the backseat until 4:30 p.m., when He finished his workday.

However, it was not until the father was driving home that he saw the children in the back seat, said a New York Fire Department official (FDNY). Immediately, Rodriguez stopped at Fordham Manor Street and called 911.

https://www.diariolibre.com/actualid...ulo-HG13625174

Administrator
    DR1.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear. He has suffered enough. So has his family.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast