• Thread starter No Place Like Home
  • Start date

Looking for recommendation for hotel in Santo Domingo

N

No Place Like Home

A nice safe hotel close to the immagration office. One night only.

A

AlterEgo

I think the Embajador is a safe bet and probably the closest. There's another just down the street, but the name changed and I can't remember what it is.

C

cobraboy

We use a canana at Luperon and the Malecon. There is very little traffic on ther Malecon in the morning, and it's a 7 minute drive.

I

I love Azua

Check out Hotel W&P on Ave. Sarasota. Almost a straight shot down to Migration office and very little traffic.

W

william webster

there was a hotel that offered free taxi to Migracion for DR1 members

several posts on it....was it Matilda?

B

bigbird

Why not stay at Tropical Paul's place, can't recall the name. Spend the afternoon strolling la zona. Evening dinner in plaza espana. Just take a taxi early enough to get you to migration just before they open.

Don't come like some north coasters all grumpy before you arrive and all they think about is how quick they can get out. Make it into a minny, minny vacation.

W

william webster

That's what I do Ave Grande....

dinner, sleep... cruise the malecon in the AM to Migracion... slip out at noon

A nice break....

Last time - for my citizenship ceremony - I UBERed the trips
cheap and stress free

T

TropicalPaul

Why not stay at Tropical Paul's place, can't recall the name. Spend the afternoon strolling la zona. Evening dinner in plaza espana. Just take a taxi early enough to get you to migration just before they open.

Don't come like some north coasters all grumpy before you arrive and all they think about is how quick they can get out. Make it into a minny, minny vacation.

Thanks it's called Casa Sánchez and we have some really nice rates at the moment. Only $69 plus tax for two people including breakfast if you book direct. We advertise on DR1 so I think it is OK to mention it here.

C

caribmike

Thanks it's called Casa Sánchez and we have some really nice rates at the moment. Only $69 plus tax for two people including breakfast if you book direct. We advertise on DR1 so I think it is OK to mention it here.

Do you have safe parking space?

N

NanSanPedro

Thanks for the info. I will be staying at least one night on my way back from Haiti week after next.