Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you X-Traveller

I have passed your experience on to others
    Nice to know the system is up & running

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by XTraveller View Post
    Maybe I was lucky that day. Did you pay online before your appointment? From past experience it would take at least 1 1/2 hrs and more waiting just to pay.

Xtraveller
    Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.
    Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.
    Sounds like Citizen Services at the US Consulate!

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Lets hope in the future regional offices can take photos, fingerprint and issue card. THAT WOULD REDUCE WAITING TIME FOR ALL.

I did notice this year that when I received my card I did not sign the"Foreigner Book" but just a sheet of paper.

Xtraveller

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Can anyone advise how far in advance of expiration one can start the renewal process? The migración website doesn’t appear to include this information.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

CFA, the online site would not allow me to begin my renewal until I reached 30 days prior to expiration. I'm in the process now and they're asking me to upload a " Carta de solicitud ".....can someone tell me what that is please!

8. Likes CFA123 liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Post Thanks / Like

Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

Matilda
    Itried to renue perminent by the web portal ! It said my information is not correct. Tried every day for a week same information not correct can not log in. Guess they are trying to get rid of old time residents. Try to call MDG no one answers the phone they do not list a email and you can not enter the building to be able to explain the problem to them. I wave my papers at them from outside the building they smile and wave back. How friendly they seem to be. I got my first residency when the office was in the WACAL in the time of Balaguear. So what next called my lawyer got him working on it he is having same problem how do you communicate with them ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Did it on-line. In and out in under 1.5 hours. No issue at all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast