Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    22,206
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thank you X-Traveller

    I have passed your experience on to others
    Nice to know the system is up & running

  2. #12
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    34
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XTraveller View Post
    Maybe I was lucky that day. Did you pay online before your appointment? From past experience it would take at least 1 1/2 hrs and more waiting just to pay.

    Xtraveller
    Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.

  3. #13
    Silver
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    2,265
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beachboy View Post
    Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.
    Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.

  4. #14
    Silver
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    4,561
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by drstock View Post
    Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.
    Sounds like Citizen Services at the US Consulate!

  5. #15
    Regular
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    90
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets hope in the future regional offices can take photos, fingerprint and issue card. THAT WOULD REDUCE WAITING TIME FOR ALL.

    I did notice this year that when I received my card I did not sign the"Foreigner Book" but just a sheet of paper.

    Xtraveller

  6. #16
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Can anyone advise how far in advance of expiration one can start the renewal process? The migración website doesn’t appear to include this information.

  7. #17
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    CFA, the online site would not allow me to begin my renewal until I reached 30 days prior to expiration. I'm in the process now and they're asking me to upload a " Carta de solicitud ".....can someone tell me what that is please!

  8. Likes CFA123 liked this post
  9. #18
    Moderator - Ladies Only & North West
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

    Matilda
    Moderator Ladies Only & North West Forums


  10. #19
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

    Matilda
    Itried to renue perminent by the web portal ! It said my information is not correct. Tried every day for a week same information not correct can not log in. Guess they are trying to get rid of old time residents. Try to call MDG no one answers the phone they do not list a email and you can not enter the building to be able to explain the problem to them. I wave my papers at them from outside the building they smile and wave back. How friendly they seem to be. I got my first residency when the office was in the WACAL in the time of Balaguear. So what next called my lawyer got him working on it he is having same problem how do you communicate with them ?

  11. #20
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    13
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did it on-line. In and out in under 1.5 hours. No issue at all

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •