Renewing Permanent Residence_ONLINE-A Lot Better

X

XTraveller

As the title says Renewing Permanent Residence online a lot better and faster at migration!

I will try to summarize my experience renewing Regular Permanent Residence for the first time after changing category last year from Temporary Residence to Regular Permanent Residence (Note not under investor or retire category)

1. uploaded documents online: only required, Police paper, cedula,passport, 2 photos. I also included in the "other" field, Document from Bank Popular and last six months of movements in my account, House Title and local medical insurance (Humano). Just in case....

2. After about 2-3+ weeks online site ask if I want to pay online , paid with local credit card $16500 pesos.The day after paying online site directed me to go for medical exam (in my case Santo Domingo). You only have 3 days to go for medical and must bring the payment receipt which I had printed out when I paid online. You must also bring back with you this payment receipt stamp by the clinic.

3. Around 12 days later, online site gives you an appointment to go to migration for photos and finger print and pickup card.

4. My appointment was for 9am. Arrived at migration at 8:35 am very surprise not too many people the hall was half empty (no person allowed in with you). At entrance must show you appointment email and they give you a number. My number came up in 10 min. I had brought copies of all documents and 2 photos. They only took: receipt of payment stamp by clinic and copy of passport (only info page) and copy of cedula and residence card. Did not need Photos, copy of police report, house Title, Bank Paper,not even a empty folder. Says to wait will call me by name for photo.

5. Called for photo and finger print and waited for my card. When I received my card I check the time it was 9:45 am.........Wow.... whole process 1 Hour 10 min.......A GREAT IMPROVEMENT FROM OTHER YEARS.....

6. Off to JCE for Cedula...... When I arrived I notice that there was more people than usual around 25 people waiting for their card. One person said she was there for 2 hours, system was down. Lucky me system restore and out of there in 45 mins.

Cost: Residence for 4 years: 16500, Police report 600, cedula 5000.
Total cost for 4 years 22100 pesos or 5525 per year.

Xtraveller

D

drstock

My friend went last week and his appointment was for 9.00 a.m. too. I'm just wondering if everyone gets a 9.00 a.m. appointment?

C

cavok

I think if everyone did you wouldn't be getting out in an hour and ten minutes.

W

william webster

an update =

Interestingly it appears DGM have modified in the past months their website for renewal of residencies, both temporary and permanent, and the quoted working periods to deliver on an application assuming correct (including medical in the case of permanent residency) are 5 working days for temporary residency renewal and 12 working days for permanent renewal
=========================

this jives with post #1 for a time line

C

chico bill

an update =

Interestingly it appears DGM have modified in the past months their website for renewal of residencies, both temporary and permanent, and the quoted working periods to deliver on an application assuming correct (including medical in the case of permanent residency) are 5 working days for temporary residency renewal and 12 working days for permanent renewal
=========================

this jives with post #1 for a time line

You mean they will process it that fast after documents are all in and payment made ? ?

W

william webster

That's the way I read it....
and the OP said the same....then got back to him in 12 days

or is that when you pay ?

No matter... payment is the fast part

B

Beachboy

My friend went last week and his appointment was for 9.00 a.m. too. I'm just wondering if everyone gets a 9.00 a.m. appointment?

I too, had a 9.00am appointment for renewing my 4th temp renewal on June 6th. There had to be 200 people waiting all the "gringos" I spoke to had a 9.00am appointment too. I can't speak to any other date or time at DGM. Based on that experience alone that day, same old, same old.

X

XTraveller

That's the way I read it....
and the OP said the same....then got back to him in 12 days

or is that when you pay ?

No matter... payment is the fast part

You pay online first and then get the appointment for the medical, as soon as you made the payment. I delayed the online payment a few days because I knew that you only have a 3 day window for the medical and I was busy that week.

12 days after the medical I received a message for the appointment that was the following week.

Yes paying online reduces the waiting time at DGM buy 1-2 hour from my past experience.

XTraveller

X

XTraveller

I too, had a 9.00am appointment for renewing my 4th temp renewal on June 6th. There had to be 200 people waiting all the "gringos" I spoke to had a 9.00am appointment too. I can't speak to any other date or time at DGM. Based on that experience alone that day, same old, same old.

Maybe I was lucky that day. Did you pay online before your appointment? From past experience it would take at least 1 1/2 hrs and more waiting just to pay.

Xtraveller

W

william webster

Thank you X-Traveller

I have passed your experience on to others
Nice to know the system is up & running

B

Beachboy

Maybe I was lucky that day. Did you pay online before your appointment? From past experience it would take at least 1 1/2 hrs and more waiting just to pay.

Xtraveller

Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.

D

drstock

Yes, did the full online process including payment, impressed how smoothly it went, just my visit to DGM on that day mentioned, was as bad as all my other renewals, despite having an appointment time. Everyone I talked to had a 9.00am appointment, how can that work? Total waiting time for me - 4hrs, just for photo and new card.

Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.

B

bienamor

Yes, until I hear of anyone having an appointment at any time other than 9a.m., I'm going to assume that everyone gets that time. However, I suppose if they gave some people afternoon appointments there might not be time to go to the cedula office the same day, so in that respect it's better that everyone gets morning appointments.

Sounds like Citizen Services at the US Consulate!

X

XTraveller

Lets hope in the future regional offices can take photos, fingerprint and issue card. THAT WOULD REDUCE WAITING TIME FOR ALL.

I did notice this year that when I received my card I did not sign the"Foreigner Book" but just a sheet of paper.

Xtraveller

C

CFA123

Can anyone advise how far in advance of expiration one can start the renewal process? The migración website doesn’t appear to include this information.

M

marcosalm

CFA, the online site would not allow me to begin my renewal until I reached 30 days prior to expiration. I'm in the process now and they're asking me to upload a " Carta de solicitud ".....can someone tell me what that is please!

M

Matilda

Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

Matilda

X

xstew

Carta de solicitud is a request for residency renewal.

Matilda

Itried to renue perminent by the web portal ! It said my information is not correct. Tried every day for a week same information not correct can not log in. Guess they are trying to get rid of old time residents. Try to call MDG no one answers the phone they do not list a email and you can not enter the building to be able to explain the problem to them. I wave my papers at them from outside the building they smile and wave back. How friendly they seem to be. I got my first residency when the office was in the WACAL in the time of Balaguear. So what next called my lawyer got him working on it he is having same problem how do you communicate with them ?

B

Billp16

Did it on-line. In and out in under 1.5 hours. No issue at all