Is it Possible to Sponsor a Dominican Med Student?

F

frank12

Not sure where to post this question. It's for a friend of mine who wants to sponsor a Dominican for a student Visa. Is this a thing? Is it possible? I think she's a medical student. Are the forms online?

He's a multi-millionaire, so, the money is not the problem. He just wants to know the procedure involved, and whether or not to get a lawyer, or do it himself?

C

chico bill

Tell him to invest $500,000 in the students name and that person will get an investors visa.

D

Dr_Taylor

Not sure where to post this question. It's for a friend of mine who wants to sponsor a Dominican for a student Visa. Is this a thing? Is it possible? I think she's a medical student. Are the forms online?

He's a multi-millionaire, so, the money is not the problem. He just wants to know the procedure involved, and whether or not to get a lawyer, or do it himself?
When I worked in U.S. higher education, individuals did not sponsor other individuals for student visas. The student obtained admission to an institution of higher education and worked with the Office of International Programs to go through the visa process. Let me say this: The student must demonstrate that the student possesses enough funds to reside in the U.S. during the term of the visa. Now, nothing prevents your friend from approaching the university and funding a private scholarship for the student. I know of someone who received such a scholarship as an undergraduate. The donor gives the funds directly to the university, and the latter credits the student's account. Your friend should work through the Office of International Programs.

W

william webster

That sounds like the logical route

Acceptance to the school is step 1 --
BEFORE any sponsorship

C

cobraboy

I doubt a student needs a sponsor for a student visa.

I suspect the medical school in the DR could arrange the necessary documentation upon acceptance and the student deposit.