More Than a Pain in the Butt

C

Caonabo

As posted within DR1 Daily News - Wednesday, 7 August 2019.....

Many Victims of Buttock Cosmetic Surgery

The chief of plastic surgery at the Salvador B. Gautier Hospital says the service at the hospital sees around 20 Dominicans a week that come to remedy messed up operations. He said the patients are coming for lesions from the clandestine surgeries. He said the patients come to recover from glutes augmentation operations.

The patients frequently have been injected with unknown non-biodegradable volumizing substances. He complained the patients have no idea of the name of what they were injected with, complicating the remedial procedures.

https://listindiario.com/la-republic...al-cada-semana

M

melphis

A few years ago there was a story that a woman died as the "Doctor" used cement powder and regular ATV silicone to enhance her butt.
If I remember correctly she had the surgery done at a DR clinic but died in New Jersey.

C

Caonabo

Perhaps the doctor was attempting to build a "brick house". Tragic consequences.

C

Caonabo

I wonder how many of these botched surgical procedures fall under the "tourist injuries/deaths" toll? There is a lot more credence to that assumption rather than looking for El Watusi lurking around the A-I's.

B

Big

there is a huge market for repairing bad cosmetic surgery. Some plastic surgeons practice is centered on repairing bad work and removing tattoos. There is even a reality T.V show called "Botched". They repair bad breast jobs, butt lifts, nose jobs etc. They show the before and after.

D

Derfish

there is a huge market for repairing bad cosmetic surgery. Some plastic surgeons practice is centered on repairing bad work and removing tattoos. There is even a reality T.V show called "Botched". They repair bad breast jobs, butt lifts, nose jobs etc. They show the before and after.

Yes and I suppose there are human creatures so hungry for entertainment they watch it too.

C

Caonabo

You speak of repairing botched procedures, some are not fortunate enough to pursue a follow up. How is injecting cyanoacrylates into a human being even fathomable?

B

Big

You speak of repairing botched procedures, some are not fortunate enough to pursue a follow up. How is injecting cyanoacrylates into a human being even fathomable?

its criminal as is undertaking complex procedures of any kind without the proper medical training and/or equipment which is common place here

D

Dr_Taylor

its criminal as is undertaking complex procedures of any kind without the proper medical training and/or equipment which is common place here
It occurs outside the DR as well. There was a woman performing such procedures in a motel near the Philadelphia airport. I cannot imagine getting ANY medical procedure at a motel; however, some do. It remains an unfortunate event, and yes, some will travel here to get something "cheap" and not care about possible consequences.

W

william webster

There was a Dominican advertising for patients in NYC...

they came and a few died...
The DR gov't shut it down

Was all over DR1

C

Caonabo

There was a Dominican advertising for patients in NYC...

they came and a few died...
The DR gov't shut it down

Was all over DR1

So should it not be a topic of conversation any longer? I would think the opposite to be true.
With all the attention and fanfare played to mysterious El Watusis attacking tourists in Punta Cana, these "fake" plastic surgeon centers should be of more focus.

C

Cdn_Gringo

Augmentative surgery is not of general interest. A bigger audience is boarding planes to fling themselves into swimming pools full of adulterated Rum/Vodka than are getting lipids redistributed to their posteriors.

W

william webster

So should it not be a topic of conversation any longer? I would think the opposite to be true.
With all the attention and fanfare played to mysterious El Watusis attacking tourists in Punta Cana, these "fake" plastic surgeon centers should be of more focus.

Certainly it's a topic....
lots of shoddy operations still going

Y

yacht chef

A good friend of mine ended up with some very bad scars from this tipe is half ass plastic surgery in DR.