Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    Lets speak truth, firstly el caonabo is the casicalzgo. You dont fake anyone.
    While I have no first hand information about databases, history would show that if the RD authorities wanted to paint a picture that they are addressing a situation of concern to some, it would be done in front of the extranjero communities first.
    Where would driving with alcohol testing have a larger public relations splash, in the barrios of Santo Domingo or Sosua/Cabarete?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Rey de Mangu View Post
    This is horse hockey. There's no database, and this forum is not a place to promote your book.
    guess there is a database...
    https://multas.pgr.gob.do/consultas

3. Likes barker1964 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Our pal Rey has been a member here quite a while....

Not many postings initially... then he went AWOL -- MIA--- underground for quite a bit

I expect it was an institution or therapy of sorts...
    might need a tune-up !!

hahaha

Horse Hockey..... I can't think of when I could ever use that one

Now... as peculiar as a gun rack on a Volvo - that baby I can use..... like now

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by habi View Post
    guess there is a database...
    https://multas.pgr.gob.do/consultas
    It says I am clean, but last time I left I had a stack of 7 tickets that never got paid. Maybe Pichardo paid mine!
    Derfish

6. Likes habi, Garyexpat liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Not only is there a database, but if you register on the site, you receive an email notification when you receive an infraction.

My husband received a ticket this past Wednesday. Thursday we received an email with the details of the ticket, and the following message:

Nota: El ciudadano cuenta con un plazo de treinta (30) días, a partir de la fecha de la emisión del acta comprobatoria de infracción(es) de tránsito, que vale como citación legal, para:

a) pagar voluntariamente, en los puntos establecidos para estos fines, cuyo importe será el menos del rango contemplado en la Ley para la(s) sanción(es) correspondiente(s);

b) ejercer su derecho de impugnar en justicia en el Juzgado de Paz Ordinario de la demarcación donde ocurrió el hecho o ante la Unidad de Tránsito del Ministerio Público. De no pagar voluntariamente o no impugnar la infracción en el plazo establecido, el infractor reconoce que no aplicaría el importe menor de rango contemplado en la Ley y que los pagos realizados después de vencido el citado plazo incluirán los recargos contemplados en el Código Tributario y sus leyes complementarias, entre otras sanciones contempladas en la Ley, sin necesidad de nueva notificación.

En caso de que desee pagar la multa por infracción(es) de tránsito, le recordamos que puede hacerlo a través del portal de servicios de la Procuraduría General de la República www.portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do o en los establecimientos autorizados para estos fines, quedando la(s) misma(s) descargada(s) autom?ticamente al pagar.
    Si requiere más información al respecto, la puede solicitar a través del correo [email protected], y con gusto le responderemos.

Sent from my SM-J810M using Tapatalk

8. Likes Caonabo liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DRdreaming View Post
    Not only is there a database, but if you register on the site, you receive an email notification when you receive an infraction.

My husband received a ticket this past Wednesday. Thursday we received an email with the details of the ticket, and the following message:

Nota: El ciudadano cuenta con un plazo de treinta (30) días, a partir de la fecha de la emisión del acta comprobatoria de infracción(es) de tránsito, que vale como citación legal, para:

a) pagar voluntariamente, en los puntos establecidos para estos fines, cuyo importe será el menos del rango contemplado en la Ley para la(s) sanción(es) correspondiente(s);

b) ejercer su derecho de impugnar en justicia en el Juzgado de Paz Ordinario de la demarcación donde ocurrió el hecho o ante la Unidad de Tránsito del Ministerio Público. De no pagar voluntariamente o no impugnar la infracción en el plazo establecido, el infractor reconoce que no aplicaría el importe menor de rango contemplado en la Ley y que los pagos realizados después de vencido el citado plazo incluirán los recargos contemplados en el Código Tributario y sus leyes complementarias, entre otras sanciones contempladas en la Ley, sin necesidad de nueva notificación.

En caso de que desee pagar la multa por infracción(es) de tránsito, le recordamos que puede hacerlo a través del portal de servicios de la Procuraduría General de la República www.portal.servicios.pgr.gob.do o en los establecimientos autorizados para estos fines, quedando la(s) misma(s) descargada(s) autom?ticamente al pagar.
    Si requiere más información al respecto, la puede solicitar a través del correo [email protected], y con gusto le responderemos.

Sent from my SM-J810M using Tapatalk
    Much like DR1. I received 2 notifications of infractions myself this very morning. Efficient system indeed.

10. Likes Derfish, Polar Bear liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Today's DR1 NEWS

46% of the tested drivers were positive.... drinking/driving

They did test, they did take them off the road.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

WW, aguacate picking does not tell the whole tale. As posted within DR1 Daily News - Wednesday, 14 August 2019.....

Almost Half of Drivers Test Positive For Alcohol

46% of the drivers randomly stopped at the first breathalyzer checkpoint tested positive for the presence of alcohol. Agents assigned to the Alcoholimetry Unit of the Traffic Safety and Land Transport Agency (Digesett) carried out the screening tests on Monday, 12 August 2019.

In total, 65 drivers were evaluated, with 30 having traces of alcohol. Thirty-five tested negative.

Of the 30 drivers testing positive for alcohol, 17 resulted with a degree higher than the legal limit allowed by Law 63-17, which is 0.25 mgr/l in the exhaled air. 13 drivers gave levels below the legally established in that second test, so they were released.

Of the 17 drivers who exceeded the legal limit of alcohol allowed, five managed to lower their alcohol level after the waiting hours established by the transit law, and 12 were able to leave with relatives and / or relatives who were responsible for taking them to their final destination, since they did not reach the lowering of the alcohol level, as established in Paragraph I of Article 259 of Law 63-17.

Of those who tested positive, 22 were men and eight were women. Among those who remained under observation until the levels of alcohol in their bodies dropped, 13 were men and four were women.

Article 259 of Law 63-17 states that "alcoholmeter tests shall be carried out on drivers and pedestrians who must exhale into the instrument, with the purpose of detecting the presence of alcohol in their breath to determine the degree consumed. The law establishes that when the breathalyzer test is positive, the Digesett agent may keep the driver under surveillance for up to four hours. However, the driver may leave immediately if a family member or related person takes responsibility for delivering the person to his or her destination.

The recent operation aimed to educate the public about the harmful effects of driving while intoxicated. No fines were applied.

"Drivers of vehicles are prohibited from drinking alcoholic beverages while driving on public roads, or from driving while intoxicated. Persons who violate this provision will be punished with a fine equivalent to five (5) to ten (10) minimum wages of the prevailing in the centralized public sector and the reduction of the points of the license determined by the regulation, without prejudice to the provisions relating to the suspension and cancellation of the driver's license", as established in Article 256 of Law 63-17.

https://hoy.com.do/un-46-de-conducto...e-alcoholemia/

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd be surprised if 50 % of the drivers had a valid drivers license

14. Likes Uzin liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by monfongo View Post
    I'd be surprised if 50 % of the drivers had a valid drivers license
    Can't tell that with a breath machine though! Gotta use other skills to check for that!
    Derfish

16. Likes Uzin liked this post
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast