Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Billp16 View Post
    Lol, I'm doing exactly that! Seems like math isn't a strong skill here. Have a great day!
    Like my bottle of insulin. Says 100 units, but I take 30 units a day and it lasts over a month! Mackerels!
    Derfish

2. Likes Billp16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I just read that they will begin to test pedestrians for alcohol too. Very strange.

https://dominicantoday.com/dr/local/...-intoxication/

4. Likes Harleysrock, Uzin liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoan14 View Post
    I just read that they will begin to test pedestrians for alcohol too. Very strange.

As stated in my posting #8 within this thread line.....
    "Extranjeros should be concerned about this more than 30 day stays."

6. Likes Harleysrock liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chicagoan14 View Post

This really made me laugh. I’m sure pedestrians will get more fines than drunk drivers...

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Harleysrock View Post
    This really made me laugh. I’m sure pedestrians will get more fines than drunk drivers...
    On the surface it can cause eyebrows to raise, but if the intent is to protect extranjeros from themselves, than there just may be a positive light.
    There has been much debate regarding AI's and extranjeros drinking to excess while on holiday in general. Quite possibly, the events of the couple going off the cliff, and other tourists allegedly drinking to excess may very well be a factor. Not to mention, the historic reports of gentlemen waking up the next morning absent of their personal belongings following a night out on the town.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Caonabo View Post
    On the surface it can cause eyebrows to raise, but if the intent is to protect extranjeros from themselves, than there just may be a positive light.
    There has been much debate regarding AI's and extranjeros drinking to excess while on holiday in general. Quite possibly, the events of the couple going off the cliff, and other tourists allegedly drinking to excess may very well be a factor. Not to mention, the historic reports of gentlemen waking up the next morning absent of their personal belongings following a night out on the town.
    Yes I am sure that is why they are doing it, to help the tourists...lol

10. Likes Caonabo, Polar Bear, Big liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to be legal in the DR since it is the only place I can get a driver's license, which I obtained back in 2003 shortly after I picked up my first residency and cedula that same week and purchased a car at Magna Motors. I renewed that license without issue until the last renewal. The fellow in POP said my license was not real, yet that had renewed it for years. What was different? The database caught me. I know nobody will believe it.

I went to renew my residency and go for 10 years instead of 4. I had to provide some missing information before they would renew it. That missing information was my birth certificate with an Apostille that they never got because my lawyer back in 2002 never did the correct job. What happened? The data base caught me. But nobody will believe that. They won't believe PICHARDO. They won't believe WW. That disbelief is just fine with me. I don't care.

So as you can see there are no data bases in the DR and they will never catch anyone for anything. LOL. Hehehe.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

And who will administer the breathalyzer test to the cops ? the ones I know are always half in the bag.

13. Likes Harleysrock, ROLLOUT, Uzin liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

The worrisome part is ==

IF you get nailed....it'll be on your record
    every time they stop you.... they might check you

I hope not !!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    The worrisome part is ==

IF you get nailed....it'll be on your record
    every time they stop you.... they might check you

I hope not !!
    Speak for yourself.......................You already are in the data base.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast