Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Sandmael View Post
    We are not overcharging anybody, in fact Edenorte told us last time we had a meeting with them that our prices seem to be too low.
    Don't listen to them....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ecoman1949 View Post
    Eric, just to clarify. I’m not posting misinformation about Casa Linda on this thread. I am, however, questioning the information posted by George. I actually like Casa Linda. I’ve looked at property there a few times.
    Well Ecoman, this is what you posted. Totally taken out of the air:

George, I’m amazed the DR police hasn’t investigated and prosecuted Casa Linda management for high electricity fees. The DR police tend to react quickly to gringo related illegal activities, especially where there is a potential for easy prosecution and significant fines. How can Casa Linda management continue to charge exorbitant electricity fees?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

The RD$ 13.30 is an average price that also includes the cost of producing electricity from our own generators, which is of course a lot higher than this price.
    An overall average rate of RD$13.30/kwh, including electric from the generator, is very reasonable - not overcharging at all at that rate.

As you mentioned, Edenorte has different rates for different types of services. Casa Linda would not be getting the same rate as an individual private house would. - which is considerably less, especially for lower consumption.

4. Likes frank12, Caonabo liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Ecoman and George. You are both wrong regarding electricity costs from Edenorte regarding subdivisions. I don't know why you are posting these bad threads about Casa Linda, but obviously you have some dishonest intentions to do it.
    For your information: Edenorte has different tariffs for their electricity. The low tariff that you are referring to is for stand-alone houses with low electricity consumption, mainly meant for Dominicans. All villas in most subdivisions have AC, swimming pools etc., and don't come under this tariff. Casa Linda has also their own internal grid with cables, transformers, switches, back-up generators etc. that have a cost to maintain, and is covered by the cost of RD$ 13.30. As an example, one of our generators broke down last year, and we had to buy a new one at around US$ 150,000.
    The RD$ 13.30 is an average price that also includes the cost of producing electricity from our own generators, which is of course a lot higher than this price.
    In addition; we have technicians on duty 24/7, which means that we don't need to wait for someone from Edenorte to come and fix any issues that we may have with the electricity. I think that's one of our biggest advantages of having our own grid.
    We are not overcharging anybody, in fact Edenorte told us last time we had a meeting with them that our prices seem to be too low.
    When we shortly start the solar plant, there will be an approx. 10% discount on the electricity price, these funds will be held in a reserve funds for coming maintenance, repairs and replacement of the grid. So the overall cost will be lower.
    The last thing that I want to mention regarding electricity, is that our system will be the first in The DR that will deliver totally clean electricity, including the electricity that we get from Edenorte. As you may know there are a lot of houses that have struggled with damaged appliances, computers etc. due to the bad quality of electricity that we from time to time get from Edenorte.
    The times I have rented In CL I found the electricity to be reasonable. Higher than in the US of course, but I expected that.

I also found them to be completely honest in their meter reading for overages as well. I can really only find good things to say overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Well Ecoman, this is what you posted. Totally taken out of the air:

George, I’m amazed the DR police hasn’t investigated and prosecuted Casa Linda management for high electricity fees. The DR police tend to react quickly to gringo related illegal activities, especially where there is a potential for easy prosecution and significant fines. How can Casa Linda management continue to charge exorbitant electricity fees?
    I was questioning the veracity of George’s post about the electricity fees charged at Casa Linda. I doubted his statement. Basically what I was saying was, if what your saying is true, why haven’t they been charged? He didn’t respond to my query and it confirmed what he was saying wasn’t true. You also responded wth the correct information which I appreciated and further confirmed his statement was false. Check my other posts. I queried everything he said and advised him to see an agent and get the correct information.

8. Likes Polar Bear liked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your responses. It has helped me. Good input

10. Likes ctrob liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Can an individual install solar panels in CL and does that reduce their electric bill costs, or is there minimum for electrical service ? I understand the generator would still have to be broken out as a separate charge.

I assume there is no way to credit excess electrical generated by an individuals' solar system, as is the case in many utility districts in the US. I assume CL would have no way to monitor or redistribute that over-generation ?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hi,
    in general security guards are paid a wage of arround 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month should by you arround 132 Guards in total or 66 per 12 hour shift or 44 per 8 hour shift. You are being clearly ripped off big time.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel01 View Post
    Hi,
    in general security guards are paid a wage of around 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month
    You may want to redo your figures......

Santiago

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel01 View Post
    Hi,
    in general security guards are paid a wage of arround 12,000RD$ per month. 31.000US$ / month should by you arround 132 Guards in total or 66 per 12 hour shift or 44 per 8 hour shift. You are being clearly ripped off big time.
    A typical independent "watchiman" might only get that, but those that work for security companies get around RD$22K/mo.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast