Punta Cana on sale

K

KyleMackey

Those are really good deals. I think some of the pricing reflects that families will have their kids back in school and there is less travel this time of year.

W

william webster

The air travel in packages is a different category.

My recent UK trip...
if i went 'a la carte' was really $$$... $1500 one way in coach
That was coach w/ the Plus Seat....

I booked a R/T with 4 nights hotel for $1700.....
I think they call it 'Bulk Fare'... that category.

S

SKY

Now until Thanksgiving is always the slowest time of the year in PC. Couple this with all the bad press these hotels are hurting. Even hotels outside of the AI's have cut their prices almost in half. Loads of staff have been let go also.

E

Ecoman1949

Most of the time, PC has a large number of condos for sale, primarily due to the massive condo developments, and the novelty of ownership wearing off quickly. A lot of these condos are in the Air B and B system. I imagine the owners are taking a big hit right now with the downturn in bookings. They can’t weather the financial loses like the large resort corporations. If the reduction in bookings continues into the high season ( I don’t think it will), the result could be a massive fire sale of condos in the PC area. That could have ramifications for tourism and investment in the DR.

R

rfp

Most of the time, PC has a large number of condos for sale, primarily due to the massive condo developments, and the novelty of ownership wearing off quickly. A lot of these condos are in the Air B and B system. I imagine the owners are taking a big hit right now with the downturn in bookings. They can’t weather the financial loses like the large resort corporations. If the reduction in bookings continues into the high season ( I don’t think it will), the result could be a massive fire sale of condos in the PC area. That could have ramifications for tourism and investment in the DR.

Or a fantastic buying opportunity for an under priced family home at the beach. Great opportunity for Domincan Yorks, people doing alright in SD and even some poor folks

E

Ecoman1949

Or a fantastic buying opportunity for an under priced family home at the beach. Great opportunity for Domincan Yorks, people doing alright in SD and even some poor folks

Very true. I for one am not averse to taking advantage of someone’s misfortune. I’ve done that a few times dealing in real estate years ago. Divorce sales were usually fairly profitable.

C

Chirimoya

Let's not veer off course here, me hearties! Please keep it to the East Coast of the Dominican Republic.

L

LTSteve

After not seeing much in the way of PC packages since all the hullabaloo, Apple has put PC on sale. The $699pp weeklong package from philly caught my eye, because we paid almost that just for our plane tickets from Philadelphia. They’re really trying to win back travelers

https://www.applevacations.com/travelzoo/newsflash_080819/

What is the time frame for this deal? Is it now or during the Summer season? Trying to attract people during the low season is not really surprising?