Where to get a rug dry-cleaned??

S

singletravel

I have a large rug that I need (want) to have dry-cleaned, but few lavandería places here have this service?? Any idea who does in the sosua/Cabarete area??

Thanks in advance ....

B

Big

I so wish there was a dry cleaner in the Sosua Cab area. Its POP or Santiago

C

Cdn_Gringo

I am not aware of a dry-cleaner in the search area. Maybe Puerto Plata. You might have to go as far as Santiago to find a true dry-cleaner.

Those who live in the larger cities will speak up if such a service is available there.

W

waytogo

There is a dry cleaner in Santiago, near barrio El EnSueno off of avenida Francia......

S

SKY

There was a dry cleaner many years ago in Charamicos just behind Caribe Tours. Have no idea it it is still there or if they can help you.

A

Astucia

I know it's not "DRY CLEANING" but have you considered deep-steam-cleaning ? We have used ( and I know many others have used ) Blue Bubble, in Sosua. you can google them.

W

william webster

More than once... I have taken a large carpet to the car wash

They use the pressure washer on a light setting...not too much water
and dry it in the sun.

We now have our pressure washer and do it ourselves.

I work from the center out... while hanging... water always going down - turning regularly.

Carpet dries by the pool

Works for me

C

ctrob

I know it's not "DRY CLEANING" but have you considered deep-steam-cleaning ? We have used ( and I know many others have used ) Blue Bubble, in Sosua. you can google them.

829-656-4840 Have used and highly recommend.

M

Meemselle

Absolutely, Blue Bubble! I have an antique silk/wool Oriental (which is so stupid to have here, but I do) and Ed and Co. have done a superlative job each time. I had an old, incontinent dog who had two accidents on it (I finally got the rug cleaned and rolled it up; dog has crossed the Rainbow Bridge) and I wouldn't have trusted this rug to anybody else.

M

Meemselle

I so wish there was a dry cleaner in the Sosua Cab area. Its POP or Santiago

There is a dry cleaner in Sosua across from Altice. Family Tejada. I don't know about big things like rugs; I use them for silk dresses and stuff like that.

A

Abuela

Ed's contact info:

Blue Bubble Premium Car Detailing & SPA
Address: Carretera Sosua-Cabarete km 3,5, Sosua
Phone: (829) 656-4840

E

etolw

Thank you for very good advice. Based on your recommendations I used Blue Bubble to clean two couches, six dining chairs and a child’s mattress today.

Very satisfied with the result and service.

Highly recommended, thumbs up from me as well.

Pays off to follow this forum!