Valve Stem Caps

C

cobraboy

Am I the only one who consistently have valve stem caps go missing?

I've probably put 8 news sets on our vehicles the last 11 years.

In the states, I doubt I replaced 3-4 caps total my whole life, much less sets.

Is this a case of Midnight Auto Supply at work?

Are valve stem caps that high in demand?

I know the roads are iffy, but can they be that brutal on valve stem caps?

K

KyleMackey

You can caps that lock. Very few people do this but they are available.

C

Celt202

Am I the only one who consistently have valve stem caps go missing?

I've probably put 8 news sets on our vehicles the last 11 years.

In the states, I doubt I replaced 3-4 caps total my whole life, much less sets.

Is this a case of Midnight Auto Supply at work?

Are valve stem caps that high in demand?

I know the roads are iffy, but can they be that brutal on valve stem caps?

Bingo

Life in the pais de maravillas.

C

chico bill

Seems like wiper blades would be next on their list

C

Cdn_Gringo

Every time an "electrician" does work at my house, the marrettes that I have put in place after removing the reams of electrical tape from connections seem to disappear as well.

I just bought new tires for my moto, and both tires were missing valve caps when the work was done. The shop says they didn't have nay new ones and were unable to find the caps from my old tires. Odd...

C

ctrob

CB - I'm bringing a large quantity down in my carry-on.
You want some of those chrome skull head stem caps?

shopping

W

wrecksum

I keep replacing them as well.. Can't figure out what they do with them seeing as just about every local bike or car doesn't have any..
I totally believe in the tooth fairy who makes shoes with old teeth but a Dustcap Fairy?..Little hats maybe?

D

Derfish

I keep replacing them as well.. Can't figure out what they do with them seeing as just about every local bike or car doesn't have any..
I totally believe in the tooth fairy who makes shoes with old teeth but a Dustcap Fairy?..Little hats maybe?

Scrape the rubber off and 5000 of them make a pound of steel. Gotta be worth 10 pesos or so as scrap metal.
Derfish

B

botemon

Valve stem caps? Yup! Also it a good idea to check your lug nuts. We find one or two missing from each tire maybe twice each year. Missing ones have a tendency to shear off the stud. Ask me how I know this!!

C

cobraboy

Valve stem caps? Yup! Also it a good idea to check your lug nuts. We find one or two missing from each tire maybe twice each year. Missing ones have a tendency to shear off the stud. Ask me how I know this!!
We have also had one stolen.

E

Ecoman1949

Condoms for Rattas?