Apartment or House for Rent - Locations in Sosua

F

FTSosua

Hello,

I will be moving to Sosua in September and would like some advise or information on locations. I will be running a small retail business near Sosua Beach. I would like to be within walking distance to my retail store, because I do not have a car and am a bit reluctant to drive a scooter. I have heard that there are some new apartments near Sosua, but have not been able to find the location. A one/two bedroom would be fine.

I know that Sosua can be quite the "party" place. I am not a prude and can tolerate the tourist shenanigans, so location is most important.

Thank you for any advice that can be given.
Chris

Z

zoomzx11

Hello,

I will be moving to Sosua in September and would like some advise or information on locations. I will be running a small retail business near Sosua Beach. I would like to be within walking distance to my retail store, because I do not have a car and am a bit reluctant to drive a scooter. I have heard that there are some new apartments near Sosua, but have not been able to find the location. A one/two bedroom would be fine.

I know that Sosua can be quite the "party" place. I am not a prude and can tolerate the tourist shenanigans, so location is most important.

Thank you for any advice that can be given.
Chris

You will have no problem finding apartments to rent in Charamicos if you do not mind a little sketchiness.
There is a small colmado at the Charamicos end of the beach right at the metal bar gate to the beach and before you go down the little drop to the beach. The colmado is named La Perla Negra.
Rafaelo runs it. He knows the area very well, does not speak English but if you tell him you would be happy to pay him a finders fee he will get you what you are looking for.
Tell Rafaelo that Ricardo gave you his name.

C

chico bill

Where is your retail store? You are going to need a scooter if not a car

F

FTSosua

My retail space is near the entrance to Sosua Beach. I am looking for an apartment that is within walking distance until I either get a car or scooter. Could someone tell me which areas are within walking distance, and should I insist on living in security protected housing?

Are the following areas close enough to walk to beach main entrance?
- de lancer
- Res Hisaniola
- Caribe Campo
- Los Cerros
- Los Charamicos

Thank You

C

Cdn_Gringo

Consulting Google maps will help.

Charamicos is at the opposite end of the beach from your store. Los Cerros across the street and up a hill from Los Charimcos. Very few sidewalks outside downtown Sosua. When there is a sidewalk its condition can vary from uneven and dangerous to pretty good.

Z

zoomzx11

My retail space is near the entrance to Sosua Beach. I am looking for an apartment that is within walking distance until I either get a car or scooter. Could someone tell me which areas are within walking distance, and should I insist on living in security protected housing?

- de lancer
- Res Hisaniola
- Caribe Campo
- Los Cerros
- Los Charamicos

Thank You

There are two entrances to Sosua Beach.
One is more or less the Domincan entrance from Charamicos.
Other is the "gringo tourist end" at the opposite side.

T

Timotero

There are two entrances to Sosua Beach.
One is more or less the Domincan entrance from Charamicos.
Other is the "gringo tourist end" at the opposite side.

And there is actually a third “entrance” to the beach. It’s about midway between the other two (Charamicos and el Batey). It’s opposite the area alongside the highway where most of The busses park. You walk down a flight of stairs and you come out right on the beach betweeen casita #67 (Arys place) and #68 (Mofungo King).

On weekends there are usually several vendors doing business all along that staircase.

C

CristoRey

- de lancer
- Res Hisaniola
- Caribe Campo
- Los Cerros
- Los Charamicos

Thank You

Interesting that you would be opening a retail shop near the entrance
of Sosua Beach yet don't seem to know much about these areas. Having
lived in Los Charamicos, I strongly recommend you have a local you trust
assist you. For me, my barber was able to ask his regular clients and found me
a nice one bedroom for 4,500 a month with water included 3 blocks from the
beach. I lived there for almost 2 years straight, problem free.

C

chico bill

- de lancer
- Res Hisaniola
- Caribe Campo
- Los Cerros
- Los Charamicos

Thank You

How big an apartment you need. I live in a duplex with an empty unit 6 minutes walk to the West end of the beach. Safe, quiet, parking, hot water best view, pool and laundry. 1 bedroom, split electric utilities, buy your own cooking gas. Nice appliances and furnished $550 long term. Dog friendly.